Valued Contributor

Josie Maran. Why face butter AND body butter?

What is the difference?

Does anyone use both?

TIA.

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran. Why face butter AND body butter?

Yes and they are very different.  The face one is not nearly as heavy as the body butter.  The body butter is extremely rich and on the heavier side.  The face one is way lighter and not greasy at all.  I would not put the body one on my face, it would be so greasy and no way I could put makeup on after that.

Respected Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

What is the difference?

Does anyone use both?

TIA.

Face butter is lighter. When one is scented, it's an even lighter scent than the body butter. Face butter also has ingredients that are meant for your face, like things that help with firming. No moisturizer is really going to make skin firmer, but there is a little firming effect I get from the Face Butter I don't get from many other moisturizers, even when I do one on each side of my face to compare.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is the ingredient deck for the body butter:

INGREDIENTS:
Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Unscented: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice,
Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,
Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit,
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate
Copolymer, Polysorbate-60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Squalane, Sclerotium Gum, Persea
Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Beta Carotene, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil,
Tocopherol, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Matcha Tea Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White
Tea) Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Panthenol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract.

Here is the ingredient deck for the face butter:

Argan Face Butter INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (and) Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Argania
Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dicapryl
Carbonate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl
Taurate Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Sodium Stearoyl
Glutamate, Squalane, Xylitol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate-60, Glyceryl Undecylenate,
Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lysolecithin, Citrullus
Lanatus (Watermelon) Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Sodium Phytate,
Potassium Sorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Panthenol, Pullulan, Citric
Acid.

Personally I love the body butter but don't care for the face butter at all.  I find it to be very heavy but not moisturizing at all.  My skin feels dry and tight within a very short amount of time.

Looking really quickly, it doesn't look like there is much difference, in any, between the ingredients. They are just in different order.  But I didn't really do a complete comparison.  

Esteemed Contributor

When Josie first started out, a bunch of us began commenting on using her BB on our faces.

We told her how wonderful it was working,so she made  the Face Butter.  Smiley Happy

We loved  it ! 

It works wonderfully ,just like the Body Butter  does <3

Respected Contributor

In the winter, I use the body butter on my face. I only need a fingertip or two. Actually I also use very little on my body as well. People always comment it’s too greasy, but I think they are using way too much. What Josie demonstrates on air is way too much, but she’s standing there for a period of time selling the product. It’s the only thing that keeps my face super hydrated and it does not break me out.  So actually I have never had reason to try the face butter. 

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

In the winter, I use the body butter on my face. I only need a fingertip or two. Actually I also use very little on my body as well. People always comment it’s too greasy, but I think they are using way too much. What Josie demonstrates on air is way too much, but she’s standing there for a period of time selling the product. It’s the only thing that keeps my face super hydrated and it does not break me out.  So actually I have never had reason to try the face butter. 

I absolutely agree with this! 

Her body butter goes a very long way and I don't need much. When she's on air, she's slathering it on for 15-30 minutes out of an hour. I use far less and only reapply after washing my hands or hours after I apply in the morning and I can avoid feeling greasy.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

I absolutely agree with this! 

Her body butter goes a very long way and I don't need much. When she's on air, she's slathering it on for 15-30 minutes out of an hour. I use far less and only reapply after washing my hands or hours after I apply in the morning and I can avoid feeling greasy.

Exactly 👍😉

Respected Contributor

I love her face butter.  It’s very light yet very moisturizing, and absorbs quickly.  

The body butter is very rich.  I would use it up to my chin.  I can use each on my neck and it’s effective.   I like the milk first.   

Respected Contributor

I much prefer her body butter on my face over the face butter. Her face butter doesn't blend as well on my face and doesn't give me enough hydration.