Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Whipped Body Butter - Toasted Brown Sugar

@Tricolor wrote:

My Toasted Brown Sugar arrived yesterday. After reading the bad reviews I was afraid that I would be sorry that I ordered it. Well I am sorry. I am not returning it. It is not the worst that I have ever smelled but definitely will not order again. I applied last night before bed and could still smell this mornng. It sort of has a burnt smell. Oh yum I know! I will do my best to use it up but definitely not my favorite Josie scent. Just sucha hassle to return it that's why I am keeping it.

I agree that it does have a burned smell.  I still need to call about exchanging mine.  I need to get on that.  LOL

Super Contributor

"Received my order last night and put some on my hands.   The smell was awful and I washed my hands - the smell would not go away.  Last night after my shower I smelled my hands again and I still smell it - wow... Being returned today.  Josie needs to make some fresh air fragrances like - roses, or just washed clothes (linen fresh)... I am not a fan of vanilla so most of her body butter is not for me.  I do like fragrance but she needs to take a different approach.  Agree or not???

Honored Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

"Received my order last night and put some on my hands.   The smell was awful and I washed my hands - the smell would not go away.  Last night after my shower I smelled my hands again and I still smell it - wow... Being returned today.  Josie needs to make some fresh air fragrances like - roses, or just washed clothes (linen fresh)... I am not a fan of vanilla so most of her body butter is not for me.  I do like fragrance but she needs to take a different approach.  Agree or not???

I'm not a vanilla fan for the most part either unless it's mixed with something.  Like I loved warm vanilla sugar from B&BW but straight vanilla, no.

I ended up reordering the unscented yesterday and I have my other one packaged to just send back, rather than attempt an exchange. 

Respected Contributor

Well mine came yesterday and was sealed, so I thought I would wait to open it. I am going to have to open it this weekend and check the smell. If I don't love it, it is going back.

Deb

Super Contributor

Wonder why she can't get the scents to smell good. Her warm vanilla I do like, the rest is horrible.  She would double her sales if they smelled amazing.  I would buy so much more.  I bought this amazing body butter at Burlington Coat Factory that has vanilla and a rich coffee nut butter scent.  I can't stop using it.  Even my dog loves it!  

Occasional Contributor

Mine is going back as well.  I have never returned anything to QVC.  The smell was overwhelming to me and did not dissipate.  I think it smells like Nutmeg and Maple syrup.  I'm going to swap it out for the Vanilla Apricot.  If I'm going to be using it for 6 months, I need to like the scent.  I got the jumbo Vanilla Fig before, it was not my favorite.  I have a small Peppermint Bark that smells great and the Mai Tai Pineapple is yummy.  For those who loved the Fall Apple Spice Wen, the toasted brown sugar might work for you.

Respected Contributor

So not good.  I put this on last night because you kind ladies posted already.  I went downstairs and my son said "I smell pancakes".  I went back upstairs and my husband said "I smell wet rope".  I packed it up to send back.  

I could not get rid of that smell all night and even after my shower this morning.  Ugh.

Deb

Respected Contributor

Just came back  from the grocery store and just had to share my story about the Toasted Brown Sugar. I have tested it out for about 3 days and after today decided it's going back. Today I only put it on my legs so that it would not be on my upper body. As I was checking out at the grocery store, the young girl who was bagging my groceries said I smell maple syrup. As soon as she said that I thought oh no it's me but I didn't say anything. Then she said it again and said where did this smell come from all of a sudden. I couldn't get out of there fast enough! Lol!

Honored Contributor

I had tried all of the scents she offered LAST year on the big daddy size and hated ALL of them... they smell terrible on especially the vanilla scents : (   I wound up (and love) the unscented because my entire family uses it and loves it.

That said, I went to Sephora and they have all her scents there and some I thought would be awful smelled fantastic on me and vice verse. The ones I loved sold out ASAP but that's ok, I have a boatload of the unscented. If you go to Sephora, you can get samples of EVERY scent she makes and then can try them out at home to see if they morph into goodness or stink.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok ladies......I put this on last night and hated it.  This morning, I washed my hair, body washed in the shower, put on another lotion and I could still smell it on my hands.  I washed my hands at work, used Purell and 3 different kinds of lotion all at once and it worked for a while, but now, smell it on my hands again.  Will it ever go away.

Smiley Sad

Deb