Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation

@hyacinth003 If you can get to a Sephora, they offer more shade choices of Vibrancy than the Q. Neutrals, Cools & Warms.

Honored Contributor

okay @Funloving my sweet friend- I finally got a chance to go to Sephora and got a sample. They didn't have the lightest- dynamic- but had the second lightest and it is a PERFECT match for my skin and looks so natural and amazing. On me, it is not at all greasy or even dewy- it goes on as more of a light satin, almost matte even but not dry looking either. Like natural skin. Anyway, it is great and I love it. I found the best way to apply it for me is dot it on with my figer tips and then "stipple" it using my fingtertips too. Then I use a dry beauty blender (I don't like using them damp) to just get it into the corners and hard to reach areas. Anyway, I will be purchasing this for sure. Thank you for the great review and pushing me over the edge! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

This is my current foundation.  I LIKE it but not LOVE it.  It mostly comes to the color issue for me.  It has a touch more yellow that I like, but less than others.

I was impressed by the demonstration.  But my use of the brush is less than perfect.  I find I still use my fingers to finish the application.  I keep feeling I SHOULD use a brush, but I still don't get it right.  I am going to try one of those Artis brushes and see what happens.  I just look for evening out my skin. 

I agree with the assessment.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003Oh do try the Artis foundation brush.  Never ever have a problem with application any more.  Best purchase in decades!

I didn't know Josie offered more shades.  Off to Sephora for a perusal!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@hyacinth003 If you can get to a Sephora, they offer more shade choices of Vibrancy than the Q. Neutrals, Cools & Warms.

@Kabella @hyacinth003 my Sephora B&M store only had about 5 shades out of the 13 shades they sell online. It was disappointing. I was worried about the yellow tinge of some of the colors since I cannot wear yellow based foundations so I needed to make sure the color would work for me. They didn't have the lightest shade in the store but I tried the next lightest (supernatural, which QVC does not carry) and it went on completely neutral, no yellow, which surprised me because some of the online swatches and demos I thought the color looked a bit yellow on some of the people. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

It's a decent foundation and a nice , dewy finish.  The problem is no SPF.  I got it in a TSV, and I won't buy it again as it has no SPF. 

Although it is nice to have the additional SPF in makeup, I personally never rely on it for my sole sun protection and wear a stand alone SPF every single day, rain or shine, regardless if my foundation or other makeup contains it. Most people don't pile on foundation thick enough to get the proper SPF protection the makeup contains. 

I do not rely on foundations either as my sole SPF, but I do like to have foundations wtih SPF in them.

I wear an SPF 30 and I know the foundation SPF isn't additive, but I want it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"