Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation

@HappyDaze wrote:

Ok sounds promising @Funloving i am going to give it a try. Thanks for the rec!😪❤️❤️

@HappyDazeHeart

I hope you like as much as I do!  Please let me know, GF!

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Ok sounds promising @Funloving i am going to give it a try. Thanks for the rec!😪❤️❤️

@HappyDazeHeart

I hope you like as much as I do!  Please let me know, GF!

Lol no idea why/how the crying emotie got in there lol! Anyway, I will let you know. I like how it can be light coverage as that is what I prefer. 

Honored Contributor

It's a decent foundation and a nice , dewy finish.  The problem is no SPF.  I got it in a TSV, and I won't buy it again as it has no SPF. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

It's a decent foundation and a nice , dewy finish.  The problem is no SPF.  I got it in a TSV, and I won't buy it again as it has no SPF. 

Although it is nice to have the additional SPF in makeup, I personally never rely on it for my sole sun protection and wear a stand alone SPF every single day, rain or shine, regardless if my foundation or other makeup contains it. Most people don't pile on foundation thick enough to get the proper SPF protection the makeup contains. 

Respected Contributor

This got good reviews from Thataylaa and she has normal to oily skin. It was full coverage on her. I would post the link, but the mods may poof it. When she reviewed it for a previous 15 days of Foundation, it was one of her top 3 foundations.  

Respected Contributor

This is my current foundation.  I LIKE it but not LOVE it.  It mostly comes to the color issue for me.  It has a touch more yellow that I like, but less than others.

I was impressed by the demonstration.  But my use of the brush is less than perfect.  I find I still use my fingers to finish the application.  I keep feeling I SHOULD use a brush, but I still don't get it right.  I am going to try one of those Artis brushes and see what happens.  I just look for evening out my skin. 

I agree with the assessment.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 Have you tried using a sponge? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was watching some youtuber's application techniques.  What I learned is the fans of this makeup dot it on, use a brush, then take a damp blender sponge to stipple on the skin & smooth any brush strokes.  Sounds high maintenance but I know without the beauty blender step it goes super fast.  I was surprised to see that there were  both oily women & oily to normal skin ladies who really liked Vibrancy.   I don't know about rules in posting links either, but it's easy enough to find. 

Some of the top vloggers seeem to have quite a following with this foundation.

From Sephora's website:

Vibrancy utilizes a revolutionary cold-pressed process that preserves the powerful, hand-selected ingredients for the freshest, most effective skin care foundation. Vibrancy energizes your skin with the essential nutrients it craves and is designed to interact and adapt to the movements of your skin with delicate fluidity for a radiant, dimensional finish. The breathable, lightweight, medium-to-full coverage formula features a powerful blend of moisture-enhancing ingredients that help soothe, smooth, and restore skin's luminosity.

Reading through a few reviews,  while the foundation felt weightless, some complained it wasn't "full coverage" as claimed.  I agree.  It has to be built up in layers to provide that type of coverage.

Tomorrow I'll try applying differently and go over it with my RT sponge.  Some say they look younger with this foundation and people tell them how good their skin vs. their foundation looks.  That's always the preferred compliment. :Smiley Tongue

There's so many foundation choices, thank goodness.  I've mainly been using BB Creme prior to Vibrancy.. and I'm sure I will go back to it depending on the day, mood, my skin.. what I'm doing.  I like variety.  I've been using Missha M Perfect Cover for a while.... but need to sheer it out with the Real Techniques sponge so it's not so thick.   My loose powders aren't looking so good lately- even the very light ones...

This was like a breath of fresh air as nothing else seemed to be working to enhance my hard work with a solid skin care regimen. Imagine, finally a true lightweight healthy skin look from a foundation.

I don't know why all the white space at the bottom of this window. Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have them make you a sample first @HappyDaze.  I'd feel really bad if you don't like it.  It's not cheap.

I can make it a light coverage even though some of the reviews are claiming more of a medium to heavy.  I think those people must be building it up, because with one half to one pump there's no way. 

I will warn you, though-  I know you like LG's Baked Elements.  Vibrancy is heavier coverage than LG's Baked Elements, which I sometimes use as a finishing powder.  With this I'ved use Laura Mercier if extra longevity is needed.

Honored Contributor

I am a BIG fan of this product, too.  The foundation absolutely glides on, and my skin is happy to slurp up the moisture the foundation provides.  As the OP noted, a little goes a long way.