Respected Contributor

Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation

It's no secret I don't frequent the forum or watch QVC much anymore.  When I do post it's in spurts- then you cant get rid of me. Smiley LOL

I just found a thread on the foundation from 4th quarter of last year, yet thought Vibrancy was a fairly new product.

I love this one!   I wanted to give it time before I'd review.  This formula is definitely for dry skin, like mine.  When it's first applied it can look a tad bit greasy.  Give it 5 minutes and that all changes... it melds with the skin and looks fresh and clean, like good skin- not a dewy or shiny finish on me- it's a very natural finish.

I purchased here, not knowing it was sold at Sephora...I bit the bullet and purchased the 2 bottle supersize, which I'm happy about now.  This one just works.  I was a little hesitant to try because her old Matchmaker was a hot mess.

I don't want SPF in my foundation, the color Medium-Tan is slightly light at first, then it settles to my exact skin shade, the finish couldn't be better.  A match made in heaven.

Again, I would only suggest for dry skin-types.  I'm LOVING this light finish foundation.  It takes such little product, making it a good value.  When I think I need more, like on my forehead,  I just keep buffing from other areas of the face without adding extra product to achieve the right coverage.  I think some who complain it's greasy may possibly be using too much.  That or they're not dry enough to use this foundation.

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation

Thanks for the review.  What type of coverage?   I don't have dry skin just normal but curious about the coverage.  Glad you found a foundation that works for you.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I think it is great for people with dry skin. I tried the vibrancy foundation before.  I have oily skin and it is definitely very shiny and greasy, and I had to set with a lot of powder. 

Respected Contributor

I have this foundation, and I have slightly dry skin, but I can get a little oily on my nose throughout the day. I think it's a good foundation because for me it's medium coverage that is buildable and it doesn't break up or move around on me. This is the only foundation of JM that I've tried. 

I don't build this foundation as I don't need to, and I don't like for my foundation to feel heavy. I love the Maybelline BB cream and with use these two together a lot. Just a few dots of the JM though when I do combine them.

Respected Contributor

@Funloving I am glad you are enjoying JM's Vibrancy. I tested a sample & got the exact match at Sephora last year.....they have many shades to choose from....It was not for me...I don't have large pores but that foundation made them look larger & did not like the feel of it on my skin. I was disapointed as I enjoy quite a few of JM's products. I finally did find my HG after testing many samples, which is a light to med. coverage liquid foundation that I bought at Sephora. Oh, its Armani's Luminous Silk.  

Honored Contributor

@Funloving Thanks for following the review! This is one I've been interested in. I will have to go to Sephora to get the right shade. What is the best way to apply it in your opinion/experience?

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Thanks for the review.  What type of coverage?   I don't have dry skin just normal but curious about the coverage.  Glad you found a foundation that works for you.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Vibrancy is a light to medium coverage.  The way I use it it probably is veers more to the lighter side.  It does cover imperfections, like a small light blue/green vein on the side of my face and any redness at the sides of my nose.  Like skincare, it takes a few moments, not long, for the product to sink in- then becomes very natural... like "one with the skin" (that sounds Circa 70's, Rod McKuen) and THEN,  you become "one with the universe" Smiley Wink  It can easily be a medium coverage too.  Thanks, Lovely!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze

There are probably a multitude of ways to apply.  What I do is use a pump on the side of my left hand, then dip a longer handled kabuki brush into the product and buff in... almost the way I'd buff in Bare Minerals.  I start in the middle of the face and work it outward.. my forehead is always last for some reason.  I resist the urge to use more product... so before the foundation fully sinks in I go over my face a bit and continue to buff up to my forehead.  There's enough to fully cover & I've used very little product.  At first I went with more pumps which was still fine, and it didn't look heavy- but there's really no need to do so. 

You could also dot it on your face 1st- which might go even further.  I haven't used the Beauty Blender (it soaks up more product, as you're well aware) but may try it that way sometime.  HTH, GF!   It's a lovely foundation and my face looks great after several hours.  No creating lines or enlarging pores on me.

Honored Contributor

Ok sounds promising @Funloving i am going to give it a try. Thanks for the rec!😪❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

Fair Warning....

Right after application you could look a little shiny & have the urge to hit it with powder.  DON'T.  Let it fully dry first.  No worries... if your skin is dry it'll drink it in.  I was pleasantly surprised how it morphed.  It's kind of like how they touted Halo and the way the finish changes once it settles.   It may be 5 or take up to 10 minutes to fully melt into the skin and provide the natural (not shiny) finish. I usually do eyes first and can use other product like blush or lipstick in the meantime.  If you still get shine- probably like the shine of freshly cleansed skin,  you could then touch it up with powder.  I usually don't during the day, but almost always use a light finishing powder for a night-time event.  Less is More!  Some may only need 1/2 pump if applied directly to face with fingers.  The brush and buffing soaks up some of the product.