Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Users: Advice, please!

@VenturaHighway @tends2dogs @Retired 08 @quadmini @beach-mom @fthunt @KBEANS  & all

I just discovered Josie's COLOR STICKS!

In addition to the TSV butter & Reserve,

I ordered regular argon oil, which came with a mini color stick.

Haven't worn blusher in years (I am a light makeup user), but did a light streak on my cheeks and love it. Gentle shade, subtle. One has the feeling that it is good for your skin.

Couldn't find any color sticks on the Q that didn't come with something, but ordered one from Josie's site.

Love to hear experiences with color sticks?

Respected Contributor

@1Professor 

I love most everything JM...except those sticks. The colors are cute, but I can't get over the SKUNKY smell of them. Haven't had one that didn't have it. I've never had a problem with any other product; (oils, milks, etc.) except those sticks! Does yours have that funky odor? I  ❤️ her lip sting  and no sting lipstick! No smell.

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@1Professor 

I love most everything JM...except those sticks. The colors are cute, but I can't get over the SKUNKY smell of them. Haven't had one that didn't have it. I've never had a problem with any other product; (oils, milks, etc.) except those sticks! Does yours have that funky odor? I  ❤️ her lip sting  and no sting lipstick! No smell.

@KBEANS   Maybe they have responded to complaints?

There's NO smell on the mini-stick that came with the oil.

And I am very sensitive to scent.

Thanks for the heads up—went back to check, to be sure. I could not bare an odor . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor don't know if you wear mascara because you said you're a light makeup wearer, but if you do, you might want to check out her mascara.  I know some reviews aren't good but I liked it, so just a suggestion

Respected Contributor

@1Professor 

This is the best news I've had all year! 😝 I will try again, because the color is cute and natural looking. I need an Argan Oil so I will buy it with the color stick and try again. Thank you for the heads up! Enjoy your products and keep your eyes open for the JM supersize items...a real deal! 

Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

@1Professor 

This is the best news I've had all year! 😝 I will try again, because the color is cute and natural looking. I need an Argan Oil so I will buy it with the color stick and try again. Thank you for the heads up! Enjoy your products and keep your eyes open for the JM supersize items...a real deal! 

@KBEANS 

really glad for you

AND

hope there isn't some subtle odor there that I and my neighbor aren't picking up on . . .

Respected Contributor

I really like JM's argan products.  I've used them all.  

The argan oil and whipped argan oil cream in a jar I've used many times and they're both wonderful moisturizers for my dry skin.

I don't like argan oil in a dropper bottle.  The bottle is easy to knock over and spill.  Pump bottles are much better and won't spill if knocked over.

Lastly, I've found argan oil and argan cream for a fraction of the price and it does the same.  It's really overpriced on Q.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor  

I've never detected an odor in the color sticks.  I use them for my lipstick as well. 

You might want to try the mascara.  As another poster mentioned, they are outstanding!!

I truly hope you are enjoying your products.  I ordered the vanilla pear body butter and hand cream.  I LOVE the vanilla pear scent and it hasn't been offered for quite some time.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@1Professor  

I've never detected an odor in the color sticks.  I use them for my lipstick as well. 

You might want to try the mascara.  As another poster mentioned, they are outstanding!!

I truly hope you are enjoying your products.  I ordered the vanilla pear body butter and hand cream.  I LOVE the vanilla pear scent and it hasn't been offered for quite some time.  

@Georgiagrama   I ordered the pear galette in the TSV. Wonderful scent, graceful.

Two years ago I gave up mascara. Didn't think it was adding to my appearance for classroom teaching and became convinced it was hard on my eyelashes, which I would like to keep! [smiles]

Day 3, loving my skin with the Reserve Limited edition.

Also loving the subtle color and oil treatment on my lips of the mini color stick (I got with an extra order of the regular argan oil).

Trusted Contributor

I love some of her products but not all. I’ve personally love loved her argan oil as I found other brands to be the same quality. And argan is a little greasy on my skin, so I prefer rosehip and other oils... But I tried the argan reserve TSV figuring I could return it if I didn’t like it.

I was very surprised at how different and wonderful the argan reserve is! Mine was V2 and a bottle in the 30,000 range. It’s a middle amber color and when I shake it it is a greenish amber... 2-3 drops works for my entire face and I’m not kidding when I say it absorbs noticibly better than her regular oil.

The whipped body butter is huge and while I prefer Beekman for its absorption, josies isn’t too greasy as long as I apply it sparingly. I tend to use too much body butter and with these rich high quality butters a little goes a very long way. Too much will leave the skin greasy. I found the size of a grape was enough for both legs and both arms.... this tub will last forever.

I am looking forward to hearing others opinions of the reserve oil. I almost cancelled my order as I had second thoughts about it, but I’m thrilled I gave it a change. I may mix a little of the butter with some vitamin c power I have and use it on my face.

Another point, I have very sensitive skin and cannot use any silicones on my face. Most fragrances lotions leave my legs itchy. This unscented body butter is really nice on my face and body. I also LOVE josie’s honey divine drip lotions. They are expensive but they works amazingly well on my sensitive skin.

Overall I’m happy with this TSV, but with it was half the price and with a 1/2 sized body butter... this tub is ridiculously big and I feel like I’m dipping into a tub of cool whip when I use it lol. I need to transfer into smaller jars for daily use.