Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Tanning oil?

@nyc1 @Tricolor  Another vote here for Mine Tan.  I agree with you both on what you said about this product.  I tried Josie's when it first came out and its "OK", but yes, contrary to what she say's it DOES have the faux tanning smell as the color develops.  I also found it does not last nearly as long as either St. Tropez or others I've tried.  In comes Mine Tan (first purchased last year when it was a TSV).  This develops the perfect shade I want with the correct undertone, quickly and easily as it is a mousse and drys almost instantly, and the scent is barely there -- very, very faint.  

To date, I haven't found a better self-tanner.  I believe it is still sold here at the Q.

Honored Contributor

I've never tried this.  I think the biggest issue with self-tanners is the application.  If you don't get that right, no matter how great the color, no matter what the smell, it's just going to look like a mess.  

I've noticed for about the last week or so, some of the hosts are very dark and I wonder if they were using this product as a trial run.  And the one thing I noticed is that 2 of the hosts appeared to have perfect application and 1 host is a mess.  You can see it mottled up around her feet, ankles, hands, streaks on her forearm, etc.

I know in the past I noticed a beautiful tan on Kerstin and when several people asked, she said it was Mine Tan.  I think I'm going to give that a try and pass on this JM product.     

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've never tried this.  I think the biggest issue with self-tanners is the application.  If you don't get that right, no matter how great the color, no matter what the smell, it's just going to look like a mess.  

I've noticed for about the last week or so, some of the hosts are very dark and I wonder if they were using this product as a trial run.  And the one thing I noticed is that 2 of the hosts appeared to have perfect application and 1 host is a mess.  You can see it mottled up around her feet, ankles, hands, streaks on her forearm, etc.

I know in the past I noticed a beautiful tan on Kerstin and when several people asked, she said it was Mine Tan.  I think I'm going to give that a try and pass on this JM product.     

Mine Tan is my favorite after trying so many over the years. It dries very quickly and gives a lasting tan. They have several formulas depending on the depth of the tan that you want. They give a nice description of their different formulas to make the decision easier. Also if you can pick up the mitt, it is the best mitt on the market. Josie's slides around and after awhile is just totally annoying to use. Hope that you like it. Heart

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm sticking with my TanTowels. There's no messing with a mitt and liquids...just tear open a packet and spread it on. Easy, fast and I love the color I get. 

I used to use Tan Towels ages ago but they dry my skin out and also accentuate every freckle or dark spot on my arms and legs. They are very convenient though.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Tricolor   I hadn't used self tanning products for YEARS, because of the smell.  For me, even the ones that made claims that they had no smell did.  Something got me to try MINE TAN last year and it is excellent.  Not only is the color beautiful and very natural,  but the self tanner smell was soooo  faint,  that it was not a both to me at all.  I really like the Mine Tan as well.

Since I have found Mine Tan, my search is over. I don't even look at other brands. Glad that you like this brand also. What I like is that they have so many different formulas. Since we all don't have the same skintone, there is a shade out there for everyone.

Honored Contributor

MineTan ...

After reading the posts here about how good this product is, I decided to buy it from Amazon for $12 (full-size) and it ships for free! I ordered the Caramel foam. Can't wait to try it.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Confession time - I bought it last year.  Tried the S-Toz once in the past and didn't like.  Always used Bare Minerals but tried Josie.  They said it was thin like water = and it is.   They said it won't rub off on clothing = it doesn't.  First 'coat' is a mild tan appearance - add more = darker and darker.  I got a 2nd bottle - a refresher liquid which worked very well.  Apply after shower every couple of days to keep your tan fresh.  Buy it - Try it.

It's so nice to see a good review of this product.  I've never seen so many negative comments.  One review I read - it actually popped up before the presentation was over- said it caused fruit flys to come up thru this persons drain!!!  Fruit Flies!!!!!!Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley LOL   The people who don't like Josie certainly go all out.