Super Contributor

Hi, I see she is having her self tanning oil on a TSV.  I have never used it.  Does it come off on clothes?  Is it greasy and does it dry in a minuete or 2?  Do you get a natural looking tan.  I have light skin and don't want to look orange.  I like the St Tropez tanning water.  Any thoughs on this product?

Thanks

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Tanning oil?

I've never used Josie's so I'm curious as well.  I workout with a lady who uses Tan Luxe.  Just mixes a couple of drops with her body lotion/cream.  I've never seen such a natural looking tan.  That being said, each of us is so different, who knows how they work for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Confession time - I bought it last year.  Tried the S-Toz once in the past and didn't like.  Always used Bare Minerals but tried Josie.  They said it was thin like water = and it is.   They said it won't rub off on clothing = it doesn't.  First 'coat' is a mild tan appearance - add more = darker and darker.  I got a 2nd bottle - a refresher liquid which worked very well.  Apply after shower every couple of days to keep your tan fresh.  Buy it - Try it.

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw the current deal and no 2nd bottle to refresh.  Me - I'd never sit long enough to bother with sugar scrub; but the tan product I like.

Esteemed Contributor

yes!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I have used it. I did like it. One of the milder smelling “tanner” scents, dries fast, easy application, even application. Does take several coats to get a deeper looking tan, but it is one of the most natural looking self tanners. Great for “newbies” to self tanning bc of everything I’ve mentioned. Fades fairly even too - better than most. Not long lasting though, that’s the biggest negative for me. Definitely need to reapply at least 2 times a week.

What I don’t understand about this TSV is why they are including her Argan Oil Body Scrub. If you self tan you are supposed to stay away from oil products as they break down the self tanner. Doesn’t make sense.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to use her tanning oil until I discovered Mine Tan. Her tanning oil gives a nice shade but not dark if that's what you are looking for. On occasion I would find a bit of tanner on the inside collar of a shirt but nothing that actually showed through on my clothes. I much prefer Mine Tan. There are a variety of products depending on what type of skin you have or what type of tan you are looking for. It also lasts longer than Josie's. Many people love her tanning oil though. Oh I also found that hers does have an odor even though Josie claims that it doesn't.

Respected Contributor

I am on my 3rd bottle. I like that it 'fades away' if you dont continue to self tan and it doesn't get blotchy. 

Im actually going to try the St. Tropaz Water tanner after I am done with Josies, just to see which one is better.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor   I hadn't used self tanning products for YEARS, because of the smell.  For me, even the ones that made claims that they had no smell did.  Something got me to try MINE TAN last year and it is excellent.  Not only is the color beautiful and very natural,  but the self tanner smell was soooo  faint,  that it was not a bother to me at all.  I really like the Mine Tan.

Honored Contributor

I'm sticking with my TanTowels. There's no messing with a mitt and liquids...just tear open a packet and spread it on. Easy, fast and I love the color I get.