Trusted Contributor

Hi,  daughters have this on their Christmas Wish Lists for Santa. 

There's a set with 2 tanning oils and illuminizing butters:

Pina Colada or Tropical Orchard

and a set with tanning oil and lotion extender;

Strawberry Daiquiri, Mango Clementine, or Vanilla Bean.

any info would be appreciated on:

scents, butter,  extender

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

I love Josie's tanning oil. It works really well on my fair skin and doesn't leave streaks behind.

The illuminizing body butter that comes in that set is tinted to be a tan color. Because I'm very fair, it's too dark for me without a tan and I don't get a lot of use out of it. It's also shimmery, which is too much for me and my lifestyle. If I went places where I wore sleeveless dresses to evening parties or nights out, I think it would be great. But I don't do that and I'm not going to put this on to go to work. If your daughters love to dress up and go out, it might be a big hit. If they prefer to stay home, it might not be for them.

The tan extender is a colorless tanner that helps deepen or extend the tanning oil. Some consumers were confused and thought it was a regular body butter in a pump, so they had some bad experiences when it gave them a surprise and uneven tan. Because there's no guide color, it's easy to apply and get a splotchy effect, especially if used on skin that you haven't tanned with the oil. If you use it to extend the tan from the oil, it works better, but make sure they are warned about what the product is so they don't slather it on like normal body butter and not wash their hands, which will stain them in an undersireable way.

Hope that helps.