Valued Contributor
On 8/15/2014 wackers said:

The original Protect and Perfect had a really mild tint that I would think worked for most. I am a light (sometimes lean a tad to a very light medium when I've been outside a lot) with a strong pink undertone and the original worked great for me. I found her non tinted SPF too heavy for my skin and also not nearly as good a match for my skin tone.

I really wonder if QVC prompts these reformulations - it just doesn't make sense to me why JM would voluntarily reformulate products that are selling so well without problems unless she was "encouraged" to get the price point down - hence why some of the better quality ingredients are either removed completely or included in smaller quantities.

We see it happen here a lot with many brands and the one constant between them all is QVC. Remember the Tova mess and I've read complaints about other brand reformulations too. It just gets frustrating for us to see products we really like get downgraded a bit. I would even guess that is why certain brands don't last long here - they won't alter their products. My gut tells me it is why Andrew Lessman didn't last here - he doesn't strike me as the type who will lessen his quality for anyone, including QVC.

I agree with you! Her original formula of the tinted moisturizer was much better -- ingredient-wise and the texture was nicer. Moving argan oil down in the deck of ingredients sounds like a cost cutting factor to me. I do not like her new untinted moisturizer; definitely too thick and does not apply easily. Guess I will find some way to use it. I also wonder 'who' makes the reformulation decisions.

Respected Contributor

I got mine today - I'll try everything tomorrow

I got our the color stick and put it on though and I love it on my cheeks AND my lips!!

Respected Contributor

Mine arrived today. It is an incredibly good value. I am a regular user of the Argan Milk and Oil. I recently discovered the Infinity lip and cheek oil and like it very much. I previously purchased 'honey' but like the 'forever rose' from the kit as well. The only new item for me is the tinted SPF moisturizer. I'll give it a full try tomorrow but the quick test is so far so good. I have deep olive skin tone and rarely use a foundation. I'm looking forward to trying this for everyday. It blended well in my first little test. We'll see tomorrow.

Super Contributor
On 8/18/2014 islandgrrl said:

Mine arrived today. It is an incredibly good value. I am a regular user of the Argan Milk and Oil. I recently discovered the Infinity lip and cheek oil and like it very much. I previously purchased 'honey' but like the 'forever rose' from the kit as well. The only new item for me is the tinted SPF moisturizer. I'll give it a full try tomorrow but the quick test is so far so good. I have deep olive skin tone and rarely use a foundation. I'm looking forward to trying this for everyday. It blended well in my first little test. We'll see tomorrow.

It is a great value. I doubt I would have tried the milk or argan oil on their own due to the cost. I love the kit too:-)