New Contributor

I bought the most recent Josie MaranTSV with the Milk for face and Body and the JM Face Butter.  I also had purchased the JM Argan Reserve oil.  I Love them all but I'm wondering if I'm doing the order right?  I use Josie Maran, Dr. Perricone, and Tatcha pretty much all the time and rotating brands throughout the week.  I'm trying to figure out with the Josie Maran should I start with the Reserve Oil 1st then the face milk 2nd then the face butter 3rd  Normally I only use all 3 at night but have a day off from work and thought since I'm probably going without makeup today, lets just Hydrate all day but for some reason I'm thinking maybe the milk should go on before the oil????????????

Highlighted
Contributor

Josie says the Milk first, followed by the Face Butter and then last, the Argon Oil Reserve.

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV

[ Edited ]

@bnaskychick  I also rotate between Tatcha & JM. Use the face butter first, let it settle then the Reserve. When you use the Face Milk you can follow that up with either the argan oil or the Reserve oil. If you want to at night use the face milk, argan face butter then the reserve. What ever you feel your skin needs at certain times. Sometimes just use the reserve on nights your tired & don't want to go thru the steps.

Respected Contributor

Look, I use some of Josie's products including the face butter, oil, and milk and they're very good.  (In addition to many other brands, I rotate a lot).  I do NOT understand how she keeps on telling people to put all those products on at once.  It's way too much for any skin type.  My advice:  Use the milk followed by butter in the daytime.  Use the oil and face butter at night.  In my experience oils on the face in the daytime do not make for a good makeup base.  Makeup will break up more easily.  Utimately, try it a few different ways and see what works for you.  You don't need to do it the way she says, everyone is different.  I really don't believe oil as a last step works, at least not for me. I have googled this topic and people recommend oil first and oil last depending on who you listen to, so there is no right answer.  Because her products are so rich, I think three at once is overkill.  I can easily use three other types of products at once that don't have such a rich consistency, like essence folllowed by serum followed by moisturizer for example.

New Contributor

I tried to use the Reserve oil after the moisturizer and the oil never did soak into my skin.  I find it impossible to contact anyone at Josie Maran.com to ask questions such as: can we use self tanner, Retin-A and in what order do we use it all with the Reserve and the butter???  Can anyone help me???

Respected Contributor

I would like to add when I use foundation which is not everyday, I do not use an oil. I use BM complexion rescue or BM's original powder or Armani silk. I just use Rose Water, Tatcha Essence, & Josie's Face butter w spf & a primer with spf 20 If I used the oil with those products My face would look too dewy.

Contributor

Hi Grouchmax,  I totally agree with you.  I can't even use the face butter as I have oily skin.  I do use the argan oil at night but do rotate with Perricone MD skin care line.  I was using Tatcha's products which are good but a little too gentle for me.  Love Josie's body butter.

Contributor

The milk first is what I do.

Honored Contributor

@iamsandy10    I have contaced Josie on her FB page and she or they do reply and are helpful

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
New Contributor

Thanks SO Much that really helps!!!!