Frequent Contributor

Josie Maran TSV...why do I feel like I have been taken for a ride?

[ Edited ]
I received the TSV yesterday and the more I think about how the fragrance was presented the more I feel like I've been duped. 50% of the reviews that are posted are 1 star reviews. I know these people are trying to sell but I shouldn't be left feeling deceived when I receive my purchase.
Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV...why do I feel like I have been taken for a ride?

I like to make up my own mind because we all have such different likes/dislikes when it comes to body products.  Or, most likely, to all kinds of things beyond appliances or cars that just don't work maybe.

I didn't order this TSV because I still have one of her previous TSV's on AD.  What I like about mine is that the scented products are very lightly scented.  I use barely any scents, so even though I know I'd love the oil as well as the consistency and feel of the butters, I wouldn't have tried this kit even if my Josie stash were depleted.

Hope when your kit arrives, your opinion is different from the early reviewers.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Smiley SadIt arrived yesterday so my opinion is the same as the other people who are disappointed

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The TSV was awful.  I don't like heavy scents, so I purchased the Love/Unscented version.  I disregarded the ridiculous unscented name for it and paid attention to the description of the notes they all said was in it -- honey, orange blossom, etc. I thought that sounded light & lovely.

Wrong.  It was a mild moldy smell to me, which lasted all of 20 seconds or so.  Then [fortunately] all scent disappeared completely.  Nothing.  It was just an oily liquid in a spray bottle, that's all.  Josie boasted about it being holistic and having no alcohol.  In hindsight, that is precisely why I should stayed away from it in the first place.  Perfume alcohol is a specific type of alcohol.  It's important in fragrances because it enhances the essential notes and gives them their intended staying power.  Her holistic approach just gave that unscented version a musty awful scent.  There should be other ways to manufacture true holistic fragrances that actually smell good, but this version is not it!

In addition, the lipstick was so dry I had to press it on my lips and consequently it kept sinking down in the tube before I could really get it on.  The color was unattractive as well.  I couldn't package it up for return fast enough. 

Honored Contributor

The Emperer's New Clothes......

Respected Contributor

Some years ago I bought her self tanning system for the shower and it was awful so I became leary of her products except the Argon Oil. I really felt deceived.

Honored Contributor

Josie's TSV seems to have a 50/50 response. Her products as well. Does that mean if it stops selling well or the Q gets a lot of returns, she won't have at least 2 shows a day? Yes, I change the channel & don't watch her. Her 2-3 hr. blocks of time could be used for something I'd enjoyed watching.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I think the scent aspect of her products in general leave much to be desired. I don't think she does them well; they have always smelled fake or off to me so I ONLY purchase unscented. Funny thing is most "natural" scents are stinky. What we think is a yummy vanilla is due to chemicals (so I've been told by a chemist who works for a large cosmetic company).

In the case of the TSV, I REALLY sat and shook my head about the "Unscented Scent". You're selling a scent that is unscented and saying how wonderful it smells?! And people FELL for that?! My 10 year old son looked at me and said "That's like the story of the Emperor's New Clothes, isn't it mom? Tell them how great it is, have other people oohing and ahhing and then of course, it MUST be what it is. WOW".

Out of the mouth of babes. 

The fragrances appear to be the issue in this set. Her lip products are really nice and hydrating and her whipped body butter is amazing but the scents.....just no.

Regular Contributor

I think many of us have learned a lesson from this!  QVC and their vendors are just trying to sell their products and they will do whatever it takes to sell them!  I too ordered the unscented TSV and posted in another thread about how perfume is truly unscented,  no smell whatsoever! There  is no orange blossom or vanilla scent at all!     I was very disappointed in this new fragrance!  And I will be  thinking more carefully when I purchase from the Josie Maran line and QVC!

Yes, The Emporers New Clothes!

Valued Contributor

Josie and the hosts of each show are there to sell it to you.  No one forced you to purchase it, the fact that you bought it means they did their jobs very well.  

You werent duped, you were persuaded to try it.  That is what they are supposed to do, sell it.