Contributor

Josie Maran TSV w the Resurface

Hello Everyone!

I could use some help. I purchased the Josie Maran TSV back in Aug. It has the resurfacing product in it. I am wondering what this is supposed to smell like (I know this is an odd question)?

I waited to open this up until just a few days ago - everything was sealed up until then

(I was waiting until fall to open for use during fall/winter - was finishing up some other items - I received it end of Aug 2019/early Sept 2019).

As I put this on my face, I noticed a strong smell (smells awful to me) - normally scents do not bother me, but this was really awful.

I could use some help from those familiar with this product - what is this supposed to smell like? I am trying to determine if I received a bad batch or does it usually have a strong smell, etc?

Thank you for the assistance, and any help is greatly appreciated!

<3

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV w the Resurface

@PugMom5 I did not purchase the TSV and not sure what product you're talking about.  I did purchase the Argan Exfoliating Cleansing Powder and it smells awful.  I have to hold it away from me and add some water and make a paste out of it because the powder gets up my nose and makes me gag.

Contributor

Hello @rms1954 

Thank you for your response!

It is called Argan Smooth Skin Resurfacing Serum (it is in a blue bottle with a dropper)

Respected Contributor

Just about everything I use has to pass a smell test. Don’t know why just always have. Do you think it might be rancid?  Even though it was still sealed it’s been subjected to changes in temperature.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@PugMom5 

I have the Resurfacing Serum and it does smell a little funky compared to the other JM products I use.  I'm very sensitive to orders and fragrances, and while it does smell, I don't find it overly offensive.  It has a kind of chemical/alcohol type odor; I'm not really sure how to describe it.  It does not have any added fragrance, nor does it smell soft and lovely like some of her other products.  I think it's just the nature of this particular product.

I find that the smell dissipates rapidly and only lasts a few seconds.  It dries fast and once it's dry I can no longer smell anything.  

If you find yours is too offensive for you or think it might be spoiled, I suggest you return it.

Contributor

I am not sure how I would describe it, but I cannot handle the smell of that product.  It does fade after a while but the first few minutes are just too much.  It does smell a bit off, but I suspect the bottle is fresh as it is a new product.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PugMom5  I use quite a few of Josie's Products & a few other brands but more of josie's. I don't have the resurfacing serum but I did read on Josie's facebook page that as of recently as Sept. some people complained that her argan oil smelled rancid. This was on the review section. I would not e-mail but give Customer Service a call. I have never had a problem with the products that I use except her exfoliater which gets good reviews here but no matter how I used it, I found it was too harsh for me. Sometimes serums do have a scent that is problematic for some so hopefully someone here who uses it can be more helpful.

Super Contributor

@PugMom5 wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I could use some help. I purchased the Josie Maran TSV back in Aug. It has the resurfacing product in it. I am wondering what this is supposed to smell like (I know this is an odd question)?

I waited to open this up until just a few days ago - everything was sealed up until then

(I was waiting until fall to open for use during fall/winter - was finishing up some other items - I received it end of Aug 2019/early Sept 2019).

As I put this on my face, I noticed a strong smell (smells awful to me) - normally scents do not bother me, but this was really awful.

I could use some help from those familiar with this product - what is this supposed to smell like? I am trying to determine if I received a bad batch or does it usually have a strong smell, etc?

Thank you for the assistance, and any help is greatly appreciated!

<3

The serum does smell awful but it makes my skin so smooth and soft.  I think the Argan oil smells also

Respected Contributor

Mine doesn't really have much of a scent. I did not find anything offensive with it.