Not applicable

Josie Maran TSV Light Argan Oil, Does yours smell bad? What about the color?

I haven't used any of Josie's products before. I have used many different pure oils, and expect and earthy smell.

The light oil smells like onions. I read one of the review that said it smelled like raw fish. Anyone who has used this, what does yours smell like? I also find it's very light in color, almost clear, I was expecting a golden yellow?

I emailed Josie Maran Cosmetics, waiting for a response. In the meantime, anyone who has this TSV or has used the Light oil before, with any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV Light Argan Oil, Does yours smell bad? What about the color?

I had a bottle of regular Argan oil that got temporarily misplaced in a move. It was in my house, not in an extreme temperature situation.

When I found it, it smelled very bad .... rancid. It was only about 6 months old. I guess it's what Josie says .... pure Argan Oil ..... no stabilizers or preservatives.

Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran TSV Light Argan Oil, Does yours smell bad? What about the color?

I don't notice really any smell with mine, if anything slightly sweet but barely any smell not bad at all. And mine is clear.

Trusted Contributor

I have a small sample bottle of it. It's clear and has a mild ""nutty"" fragrance. Her regular Argan Oil is more golden in color.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using JM's argan oil for years and bought many large bottles that I don't use immediately. I have had some for over a year I never had a problem. I purchased this TSV but haven't opened my oil but I do believe the color is lighter.
Valued Contributor

Nope. Mine looks and smells fine.

Super Contributor

I got the recent TSV and this is the first time I've used the light oil - have used the regular for a year or so. I wouldn't say mine smells like onions, but it does have a distinct unpleasant smell to me. I have to not inhale when I put it on because it kind of gags me. I don't care for how it feels, either. Smiley Sad
Contributor

Got mine today and I notice no scent. This is my first time using any of her products. I like it and notice no odor. The color stick had a bit of a smell, not unpleasant, just something slight.

Occasional Contributor

I have tried her regular argan oil and I liked it. Tried this TSV "light" argan oil, and I absolutely can't stand the smell. Mine smells like used cooking oil..

Occasional Contributor

I have never noticed a smell with her regular Argan Oil, but the Argan Oil Light does have a smell for some reason. I bought a travel size 2x from Sephora and they both smelled like plastic or burned rubber. I thought it was a fluke until I received a sample packet of the Argan Oil Light in another order and had the same smelly experience! This was one of the reasons I did not purchase the TSV. I like the regular oil better!