Super Contributor

Josie Maran Super Size Body Butter in French Vanilla

[ Edited ]

Can anyone who has purchased Josie's French Vanilla Body Butter describe the scent ?  How does it differ from her Pure Vanilla Bean scent? 

I've also noticed that the Pure Vanilla Bean Body Butter has a richer texture and is more moisturizing than her other butter scents.  Does the French Vanilla have the same richness as the Vanilla Bean?  Lots of questions, I know! 

Thanks for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Super Size Body Butter in French Vanilla

I really cannot tell the difference.  Maybe the French Vanilla has a little more vanilla smell than the Vanilla Bean.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Has anyone else received the French vanilla? I was hoping the vanilla bean would be available. I guess I’ll have to settle for French vanilla or vanilla fig. If anyone has the French vanilla, please let me know if you like it?
Occasional Contributor

I agree that the French Vanilla has a slightly stronger vanilla smell. It's not sweet like the Creamy Vanilla, darn it! If you like the Vanilla Bean, you will like French Vanilla. I'm happy with my purchase..
Respected Contributor

@GoDucks wrote:
I agree that the French Vanilla has a slightly stronger vanilla smell. It's not sweet like the Creamy Vanilla, darn it! If you like the Vanilla Bean, you will like French Vanilla. I'm happy with my purchase..

I think I still prefer the vanilla bean, but I will be able to use the French Vanilla.  It does smell like some sort of vanilla dessert!  

Super Contributor

I received my French Vanilla today.  I asked my husband what it smelled like and he said some sort of custard.  I think it smells very close to Josie's Vanilla Wafer body butter!    I was surprised because  so many described it as "vanilla with a hint of coconut".  I still like the Vanilla Bean the best but this one is nice, too.

Respected Contributor

I am very pleased with my French Vanilla. However, I rarely find a vanilla that I don't like.

Super Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I am very pleased with my French Vanilla. However, I rarely find a vanilla that I don't like.

Neither do I, Tricolor1, with the exception of one that's super sweet.