Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Serum Question

@Georgiagrama wrote:

If this has been discussed, I'm sorry.  I'm late to the party on the serums. 

If you are older (I'm mid seventies) do you use either of Josie's serums and which do you prefer? 

I've just recently discovered that I get good results from just using the body butter on my face, and I'm under no illusion that anything but botox will really help at my age, but, if you've had good results with the pink one or the resurfacing will you give me your opinion? 

(I'm mostly concerned with the lines above my top lip - years and years of coffee drinking - and I just noticed that when I smile, I have crinkles in my cheeks  😕😕  Ahhh the joys of aging. 

I've been trying to read up on skin care, especially anti aging skincare for the mature woman.  Like you, what I've been using isn't working anymore and I need different products now.  I've been watching Hot & Flashy videos on YouTube and others as well. I plan on getting a Vitamin C serum and trying some other products Hot & Flashy uses.  

Respected Contributor

I will be 71 next week and love her Argan Milk Serum. It work great for my dry skin. Nothing is a miracle worker though wo don't think that any of these serums will take you back to your 20s. Lol! Her Vitamin C Serum is very nice too. They do help to plump the skin but any smile or frown lines will not be totally erased. I have also used her body butter on my face and that works better for me than her face butter. Her face butter doesn't feel as hydrating and balls up on me. 

Honored Contributor

FYI for those who like the facial Milk:

The mega-size 3 oz. pump is back in stock, A392718.  

$89, free shipping today

Super Contributor

I do use the Resurfacing Serum a couple of times a week, mostly to use it up.   While I do think it helps with exfoliating, I get better results at a lower price with Retin A,   

but there is a learning curve to using it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

I will be 71 next week and love her Argan Milk Serum. It work great for my dry skin. Nothing is a miracle worker though wo don't think that any of these serums will take you back to your 20s. Lol! Her Vitamin C Serum is very nice too. They do help to plump the skin but any smile or frown lines will not be totally erased. I have also used her body butter on my face and that works better for me than her face butter. Her face butter doesn't feel as hydrating and balls up on me. 

@Tricolor   I've only recently started using the body butter on my face.  I like it and it does seem to improve the look of the lines above my lip. By the way, I'm older than you are.

I'm just not into the botox.  I'll do the best I can and be grateful that even though my cheeks crinkle when I smile, I still have something to smile about.  😀😀

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I've only used the Resurfacing Serum and the Milk. 

Speaking only for myself, the milk is my preference for effectiveness and bang for the buck.  The Resurfacing Serum is just okay, but I'm just using up my current bottle and won't be repurchasing.

The milk gives me hydration and just makes my skin look and feel smoother. Plus for me it can be used under other products or by itself in the hot weather.  So it does double duty.

I prefer the Divine Drip Sleeping Nectar to use as a moisturizer on top of the milk when needed.  I do use the Face Butter on rare occasions but I'm not thrilled with it and I'm not sure I'll repurchase that either.

I only use oils to remove sunscreen before cleansing.

All that said, I do like Josie's products.  So far, her products seem to work the best for me.  But I still have to pick and choose since many do not.  I try to keep my products to a minimum.

@geezerette   I've never been one to collect a lot of cosmetics either, but, since I've found how well Josie's Body Butter works for my skin, I've really been enjoying it.  I've only recently discovered how well it works as a face moisturizer.   My husband has a lot of very dry patches on his back and arms and he likes the Divine Drip for those.  He really likes how quickly it works and how effective it's been. 

I've never tried the Sleeping Nectar. I guess I misread because I actually thought they were one and the same.   

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Speaking only for myself, the milk is my preference for effectiveness and bang for the buck.  The Resurfacing Serum is just okay, but I'm just using up my current bottle and won't be repurchasing.

The milk gives me hydration and just makes my skin look and feel smoother. Plus for me it can be used under other products or by itself in the hot weather.  So it does double duty.

I prefer the Divine Drip Sleeping Nectar to use as a moisturizer on top of the milk when needed.  I do use the Face Butter on rare occasions but I'm not thrilled with it and I'm not sure I'll repurchase that either.

All that said, I do like Josie's products.  So far, her products seem to work the best for me.  But I still have to pick and choose since many do not.  I try to keep my products to a minimum.

@geezerette   I've never been one to collect a lot of cosmetics either, but, since I've found how well Josie's Body Butter works for my skin, I've really been enjoying it.  I've only recently discovered how well it works as a face moisturizer.   My husband has a lot of very dry patches on his back and arms and he likes the Divine Drip for those.  He really likes how quickly it works and how effective it's been. 

I've never tried the Sleeping Nectar. I guess I misread because I actually thought they were one and the same.   

@Georgiagrama 

The Divine Drip Sleeping Nectar is specifically for the face and neck.  The other is for the body.

Like the Body Butter and Face Butter.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Georgiagrama 

The Divine Drip Sleeping Nectar is specifically for the face and neck.  The other is for the body.

@geezerette 

The Sleeping Nectar is my favorite JM product..I love this stuff.

I don't use her serums really I love the Milk & prefer that..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Georgiagrama 

@geezerette 

The Sleeping Nectar is my favorite JM product..I love this stuff.

I don't use her serums really I love the Milk & prefer that..Smiley Happy

@quadmimi 

Me too!👍

The milk, and then the Sleeping Nectar if I need something more works the best for me.