Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie Maran SPF47 Tinted Sunscreen Questions

[ Edited ]

@jazzbabe Thanks!  Not the year out like CS told me.  I've never heard that physical sunscreen might not expire.  I think the ingredients break down.

@CoastalGal glad you got some,!  Time is ticking.....do I take a chance and get 2 more and then call tomorrow and try to get some kind of guarantee that it should be a year until it expires?  We know the bottles @jazzbabe got are 10/18.  I don't see any kind of note on the product page warning about it.  accck 😜

Respected Contributor

I've never used the tinted version but I used the untinted version a few years ago.  When I got it from Sephora, it was good for about 2 years.  When I got it from Josie's site, it was good for not even a year.  I suspect that they are clearing out old stock with these "deals".  I won't buy from the site anymore.  I can't even use 1 4oz bottle by 10/18 and it's not a deal if you have to throw out most of it.

Super Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I've never used the tinted version but I used the untinted version a few years ago.  When I got it from Sephora, it was good for about 2 years.  When I got it from Josie's site, it was good for not even a year.  I suspect that they are clearing out old stock with these "deals".  I won't buy from the site anymore.  I can't even use 1 4oz bottle by 10/18 and it's not a deal if you have to throw out most of it.

I agree. They are deliberately selling old stock. I emailed them to ask if I could swap out with product that has a 2019 exp date. This is their response,

"Thanks for writing in. We apologize for any confusion, since this particular batch of sunscreens does have a shelf life of about 6 months (part of why they are so severely discounted), which means we are unable to provide exchanges with a different shelf life. We apologize once again for any inconvenience, and, if you're still unhappy with your purchase, we welcome you to return the items for a refund here: https://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/a/returns"

I feel that isn't right. If we would have known this ahead of time, many of us would have never purchased. 

Trusted Contributor

The one I am currently using up ~ i am sure is past its expriation date ~ but it still smells fine ( someitmes they get that bad smell ) 

I'm ok if the sunscreen has lost some if its potency ~ its spf 47 so it should still have some block left in it 

Respected Contributor

@susandee wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I agree. They are deliberately selling old stock. I emailed them to ask if I could swap out with product that has a 2019 exp date. This is their response,

"Thanks for writing in. We apologize for any confusion, since this particular batch of sunscreens does have a shelf life of about 6 months (part of why they are so severely discounted), which means we are unable to provide exchanges with a different shelf life. We apologize once again for any inconvenience, and, if you're still unhappy with your purchase, we welcome you to return the items for a refund here: https://www.josiemarancosmetics.com/a/returns"

I feel that isn't right. If we would have known this ahead of time, many of us would have never purchased. 

@susandee  I learned my lesson before - at least they are admitting to you now that they are selling off old stock!  Yes, you can probably use them somewhat after that expiration date but I wouldn't keep two 4 oz bottles only good for 6 months.  I'd return them.

Trusted Contributor

well I'm glad I didn't get 2 more! I'm disappointed that the CS I called good me they would be a year out until expiration.  I'm ok with the 10/18 date like @CoastalGal because I think a few months past are ok.  I'm sure I will be done with them by December. I have looked on eBay and people are buying and selling some that expired 12/17.  That's not something I would be comfortable with.

@susandee Thanks for posting your response from JM's CS. Obviously not what I was told.  They really should have posted this info on the product page.

Super Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

well I'm glad I didn't get 2 more! I'm disappointed that the CS I called good me they would be a year out until expiration.  I'm ok with the 10/18 date like @CoastalGal because I think a few months past are ok.  I'm sure I will be done with them by December. I have looked on eBay and people are buying and selling some that expired 12/17.  That's not something I would be comfortable with.

@susandee Thanks for posting your response from JM's CS. Obviously not what I was told.  They really should have posted this info on the product page.

I contacted CS through email and was shocked when they actually put in writing! 

Respected Contributor

Fyi: Josie’s website has the BOGO deal on the 4oz tinted again.