Trusted Contributor

Josie Maran SPF47 Tinted Sunscreen Questions

I have used the non tinted version and love it.  I'm wondering about the tinted version because I found a great deal on this.  There are reviews that say it turned orange.  Also that it broke them out, while the original didn't.

I am thinking that if you use a CC cream or foundation over it that maybe it would cover any orangeness if you used a primer.

If anyone has used this, and what did you think?  Most days I don't wear makeup, so if I look like an orange at home, I don't care.  😜 I'm concerned mostly about my skin breaking out.

TIA 

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran SPF47 Tinted Sunscreen Questions

@Suebdoo

I use both.  Like you, I had read about the orange-ness and was reluctant to try the tinted for a long time.  When I did, I didn’t find that it looked orange on me at all.  I normally would wear a medium in most foundations. It blends in well and the color seems to be neutral on me. It seems just like a tinted moisturizer to me, and nowadays I don’t even wear any foundation over it anymore.  Just a dab or two of concealer where needed, sometimes not even that.

I also had always had trouble with breakouts, especially with physical sunscreen.  I haven’t had any of that with either of these, tinted or not.

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette Thank you!  Josie has a sale on her website.  Super size 4oz BOGO free and ,22% off.  I'm going to try it for that price.  I don't know if they are returnable.

OT How are you doing?  I'm thinking of you and glad to see you posting. 5 months since my Dad died and Mom and I are just 1 day at a time.  You know how it is, that's why I am keeping an eye on you....always know you can vent or cry to me any time,!

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@geezerette Thank you!  Josie has a sale on her website.  Super size 4oz BOGO free and ,22% off.  I'm going to try it for that price.  I don't know if they are returnable.

OT How are you doing?  I'm thinking of you and glad to see you posting. 5 months since my Dad died and Mom and I are just 1 day at a time.  You know how it is, that's why I am keeping an eye on you....always know you can vent or cry to me any time,!

@Suebdoo

I had noticed ☺️, and that’s very sweet of you.  I hadn’t realized that your dad had died too.  I’m so sorry.  Yes, it’s one day at a time.  Some days are better than other, as you know.

I’m hanging in here.  Sleep is still elusive, and the nights are the worst.  It’s only been a little over one month for me, but at times it seems like an eternity already.  Everybody says it gets easier.

Thanks for your kindness and concern.  My best to your mother—I hope you are watching over her as good as you are me!😊❤️💔

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Suebdoo

I use both.  Like you, I had read about the orange-ness and was reluctant to try the tinted for a long time.  When I did, I didn’t find that it looked orange on me at all.  I normally would wear a medium in most foundations. It blends in well and the color seems to be neutral on me. It seems just like a tinted moisturizer to me, and nowadays I don’t even wear any foundation over it anymore.  Just a dab or two of concealer where needed, sometimes not even that.

I also had always had trouble with breakouts, especially with physical sunscreen.  I haven’t had any of that with either of these, tinted or not.

That makes a big difference. I'm very fair and the tint is already several shades darker than I am. On me, it was like applying fake tanner to my whole face, so if I didn't want it to look strange, I would have to extend it to my neck, chest, and ears. That immediately made it something that needed more effort than I wanted from a tinted moisturizer, which, to me, should be something very easy. And then it turned orange on me. If you're medium, I think it would less of an issue, but fair/light skintones may have trouble.

Respected Contributor

I use Josie’s tinted spf every day on its own (i don’t wear much makeup either).  I’m more of a light-medium complexion and it blends in.  It does not turn orange on me.  My skin is very sensitive and a lot of sunscreens don’t agree with my skin but I’ve never had a problem with Josie’s.  I hope it works for you!

Trusted Contributor

It's one of my favortie tinted mositurizers 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @CoastalGal @itsmagic @Alison Wonderland  😀

I'm a light medium or medium in some, so l should be good.  If you all need any it's at a fantastic sale price on her website.

I usually use her other SPF on my neck and ears and down to my chest , so if I do that with the tinted it's fine.

Trusted Contributor

@geezerette Thank you!  I am lovin on Mom and doing all the meals , grocery shopping etc.  I will hijack my thread tomorrow and write to you.  I hope you can get some needed zzzz.  I'm lucky with that and a little medical MJ helps LOL 

Respected Contributor

Thanks ladies for the infor about the sale on her website!  FANTASTIC deal on the tinted sunscreen.  Love the regular sunscreen and so does my dermotologist.