Occasional Contributor

Josie Maran SPF Moisturizer - new formula

Has anyone tried this? I see mixed reviews on Sephora and JM's website.

I love her original formula and just got a bottle on ebay. But was curious about the new formula.

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie Maran SPF Moisturizer - new formula

I usually refrain from publishing an opinion of a product on these BB- but in Josie's defense I truly don't understand any of the negative reviews. I have both products and even did an experiment of putting one on one side of my face and the other on the other side and they are exactly the same- even smell the same. But that is just my humble opinion and indeed everyone is very different.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 untitled said:

I usually refrain from publishing an opinion of a product on these BB- but in Josie's defense I truly don't understand any of the negative reviews. I have both products and even did an experiment of putting one on one side of my face and the other on the other side and they are exactly the same- even smell the same. But that is just my humble opinion and indeed everyone is very different.

The ingredient list between the two are very different so that is probably why so many people CAN tell a difference. Some may be more sensitive to the new ingredients. Also, the new one has added fragrance (the old one did not have added fragrance) so many may not like the fragrance that was added or are sensitive to the added fragrance. There truly are differences between the two formulas, ingredient wise, so it does not surprise me in the least that people are noticing the difference.

Super Contributor

I liked the old one, but I couldn't take the scent...smelled like Robitussin to me.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 KateChopin said:

I liked the old one, but I couldn't take the scent...smelled like Robitussin to me.

YES!! I didn't like the scent either and couldn't quite put my finger on what that scent was but you hit it on the head- Robitussin cold medicine! I never understood why it had that chemically, cold medicine scent either because there wasn't a particular ingredient in it that I could point to as the culprit for that scent. Strange.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 3/24/2014 KateChopin said:

YES!! I didn't like the scent either and couldn't quite put my finger on what that scent was but you hit it on the head- Robitussin cold medicine! I never understood why it had that chemically, cold medicine scent either because there wasn't a particular ingredient in it that I could point to as the culprit for that scent. Strange.

Yes, it is. Nice consitency, etc.---but...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

The ingredient list between the two are very different so that is probably why so many people CAN tell a difference. Some may be more sensitive to the new ingredients. Also, the new one has added fragrance (the old one did not have added fragrance) so many may not like the fragrance that was added or are sensitive to the added fragrance. There truly are differences between the two formulas, ingredient wise, so it does not surprise me in the least that people are noticing the difference.

o duh- like I don't know that the ingredients are different. Yes I said it was my HUMBLE opinion and everyone is different. But you didn't like the first formula anyway and complained about a skin sensitivity. But then again you complain about ingredients in almost everything. Why don't you go enjoy your coca-cola with its high- fructose corn syrup and other bad ingredients and go fishing - I know how relaxing you found that last time. Oh da poor little fishes.

Talk about hypocrisy...

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2014 untitled said:

o duh- like I don't know that the ingredients are different. Yes I said it was my HUMBLE opinion and everyone is different. But you didn't like the first formula anyway and complained about a skin sensitivity. But then again you complain about ingredients in almost everything. Why don't you go enjoy your coca-cola with its high- fructose corn syrup and other bad ingredients and go fishing - I know how relaxing you found that last time. Oh da poor little fishes.

Talk about hypocrisy...

I am sorry you are so bitter an unhappy. I feel bad for you. I said nothing insulting or rude to you but you took it that way anyway which is on you, not me. I don't take posts like yours personally because the way I see it, attacks like yours come from something going on in your life, your issues or whatever. I hope YOU can find something that you love and relaxes you so you too can enjoy even the simple things in life- like a yummy drink or a nice day on the lake with family. Life is too short for such anger.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 3/25/2014 untitled said:

Talk about hypocrisy...

I am sorry you are so bitter an unhappy. I feel bad for you. I said nothing insulting or rude to you but you took it that way anyway which is on you, not me. I don't take posts like yours personally because the way I see it, attacks like yours come from something going on in your life, your issues or whatever. I hope YOU can find something that you love and relaxes you so you too can enjoy even the simple things in life- like a yummy drink or a nice day on the lake with family. Life is too short for such anger.

Well I love ya, HD!

I'm personally grateful for all the "complaining" you do! You always keep us well informed and do the work for us! And you're never judgmental (UNLIKE OTHER MISERABLE, UNHAPPY PEOPLE), and I'm sending you a big hug right now.

And I agree, usually these sour, defensive posters make me think they must have a really
dismal life. Always with a chip on the shoulder and delusions of persecution.

On to the JM -- have you tried this? I'm of the thought now that I just don't like to wear foundation any more. When people say (like with It CC) "You can't tell you're wearing makeup!" I feel I look like I'm wearing a lot of makeup!

I've got a few more avenues to pursue -- maybe this is one of them (already tried the Matchmaker, not wowed, but may try again), and am going to give the BE Serum Foundation a shot. If I'm still not happy, just might go back to BE for a light dusting over my makeup-free face to take off the sunblock sheen.