Trusted Contributor

@KatCat1 wrote:

@skittle    I don't understand the hype about this oil.  Argan oil is argan oil plain and simple.  All you want is cold pressed.  Reserve?  Reserve what?

@KatCat1  I don’t understand all the hoopla either.

I agree.  This is the biggest rip off I've ever seen.  I buy organic cold pressed argan oil from Vitacost.com.  The stuff is gold in color, like Josie's "reserve" product.  And I only pay around $11 for several ounces of it. 

Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Reserve Oil

[ Edited ]

@Angela_SoCal thank you for the update!  

@Qshopper1991 thank you for the alternate source, I'll check out Vitacost too!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Valued Contributor

Looks like the duo is available on her website with free shipping and 3 free samples.

Contributor

I did find the 10% off and used it.  Me either, QVC should give a pricebreak.  Oh well, BOGO free is pretty good.

Contributor

You're welcome @Catlady Nicole.

I'll post my experience with argan oil.  My first purchase of argan was not a pleasant one.  It was 100% pure cold pressed from a reputable well-known organic company.  This particular argan oil gave me very painful cystic acne and also attracted ants when stored in a cool, dark place in my cosmetic bag.  Needless to say, I threw it out and figured I was done with argan oil.  I purchased a TSV of Josie's a few years back, mainly because it had her Protect and Perfect and it came with the argan oil light.  I decided to give Josie's light argan oil a try and all went well.  From there I tried her regular argan oil.  I loved it and was so happy there was no reaction at all.  Since then, I've only used Josie's argan oil.  I always get it in kits with other products I either like or want to try.  I would never pay the $48 price tag for the regular size.

I guess long story short for me, all argan oil is not created equal.

Super Contributor

Thank you @Angela_SoCal, and I agree with you on this one, not all Argan is created equal. 

I was tempted in the past to try the Shea Terra brand and I was very disappointed.  I purchased their "milk" thinking it would be like JM.....not by a long shot.  Thin/watery, and too much fragrance for me.  I know many people are devoted to Shea Terra, and no offense to them, but it wasn't for me.   I admit I didn't try the plain oil, just the milk, so maybe I'd like the oil.....

I did the math, and a Reserve bottle lasts me 6 months.  With the current BOGO on the JM site plus coupons, I consider my price of approx $70/year to be a worthy investment, even if it is a bit of a splurge.  

Now, having said all that, I will add this, based on the rec from @Qshopper1991, I placed an order at Vitacost for argan oil, and a few other things.  I am all about trying something new!  Never know, I may end up loving it!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1

Hi, I do like Josie's, I've tried a few others, but keep coming back to Josies. Reserve, I heard Josie say and show, they also use the Argan nut, so I thought I'd try that too.

HeartCat Very HappyHeart

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

@Angela_SoCal Thank you for the heads up, I'm in the process of ordering.

@Jannyg  Where do you see samples, I'm ready to hit payment but nothing about samples has popped up.  Do they automatically place them with any order?

HeartCat Very HappyHeart 

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

@skittles2  My favorite product by Josie is her hair serum.  I absolutely love it.  I don't use everyday but when I do, I just use a drop and rub in my hands and apply on my hair.  It gives a beautiful, natural shine plus it is good for my hair.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@Angela_SoCal Thank you for the heads up, I'm in the process of ordering.

@Jannyg  Where do you see samples, I'm ready to hit payment but nothing about samples has popped up.  Do they automatically place them with any order?

HeartCat Very HappyHeart 

On the page next to the red box that says "proceed to check out" you will see a variety of samples you may choose on the far left.  Choose up to three samples with your order.