Super Contributor
Can anyone compare it to Vanilla Bean? I love Vanilla Bean because it’s not sweet, just smells like real vanilla. The supersize isn’t being offered in Bean, but in Pure Vanilla instead. Can anyone compare the two? Is Pure Vanilla sweet?
Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Pure Vanilla

My last shipment of super size body butter says, "Pure Vanilla Bean" on the bottom of the jar.  I thought that's what the "Pure Vanilla" option was.  Then when I looked at the photo on the product information page, the label on the jar says, "French Vanilla".  Now I'm really confused!

I just emailed QVC to see if they could clarify.

Occasional Contributor

I think she had French Vanilla in one of her self tanning butters.  Can anyone tell us how that one smelled?  I hope it smells like the Creamy Vanilla she had before.  It reminded me of a Vanilla cupcake but it wasn't cloying..  It was by far my favorite!  I'm ordering the Pure Vanilla or French Vanilla, whatever it is.  

Contributor

I have the French Vanilla in the tanning butter and honestly it smells like tiramisu.   I too was curious as to how the French/pure vanilla would be described in the body butter version because the scents can smell different in the various “body butter” products.  So, when I reviewed the video from last night I was extremely frustrated because just as Josie was about to describe it, the host interrupted with “Mango!”    UGH.  These hosts really need to present more with the inquiring consumer in mind.  If you are selling a SCENTED product then by all means please DESCRIBE the scents.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just heard back from QVC.  My email says that although the item is listed as Pure Vanilla, the item offered will be French Vanilla.  They apologized for any confusion.

Respected Contributor

@GoDucks, my favorite too but they haven't been offering Creamy Vanilla lately.

Regular Contributor

I'm guessing it smells like cake frosting, which is what Creamy Vanilla smelled like. 

Respected Contributor

Ugh- I would really like the big jar in vanilla bean.  How hard is it to stick to a few favorite scents for your customers?  Now I don't know whether to order this new vanilla or just go with unscented.  Frustrating!

Respected Contributor

It sounded like she tried to describe it as French Vanilla, but every time she tried to talk about the Vanilla, Shawn kept repeating "Mango" over and over again, so Josie couldn't say much about it. Frustrating.

Respected Contributor

I took the chance and ordered the French Vanilla.