Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran New Neck Serum

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus  I use Baremineral ageless phyto retinol neck cream. I think the ingred's are good for the neck. Have you tried it? I don't know of the genius or have they just changed the name?

I am out of it right now so I am using JM's Divine drip w honey. It works well too.

@Kabella   I've been purchasing "genius" here when they had duos, have 3 backups, so haven't looked to seeif they have changed ingredient deck. If a newer version has retinols, I cannot use it since I use Retin A on my neck, too at night. That would be overkill. Thanks, though, will check on this. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus  I am getting fed up with her prices. Altho, I do like some that work well for me but they are her earlier products. I am lucky to have clear normal skin so thats a plus but I always wait for special pricing with the products that I do use. Now they are few and far between. All the new oils (not HG) that I do not use is all she is pushing & the prices are ridiculous. End of rant.

@Kabella I like argan oil and have purchased pure, organic oils for much less at Trader Joe's, WholeFoods, etc. I don't like her "pushy" sales tactics and her recommendations of piling on many products on your face that have the same oils...overkill. That's my rant. Lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Such a small amout of retinol in that cream with excellent ingredients. I do not use Retin A so it works well for me. But if you do then there is no need for it. I do want to try the genius. I would think the ingred. deck would not change much. Thank You, I will look for it or you can let me know when the Q has it as I don't watch often. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hahaha!!! totally agree.

ETA: I have never asked anyone. I am clueless how to reply under someone's post? lol!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus  Such a small amout of retinol in that cream with excellent ingredients. I do not use Retin A so it works well for me. But if you do then there is no need for it. I do want to try the genius. I would think the ingred. deck would not change much. Thank You, I will look for it or you can let me know when the Q has it as I don't watch often. Smiley Happy

@Kabella   Just spoke to CS at Bare Minerals. My Ageless Genius Neck Cream has been discontinued or ingredients/name changed. It does have phyto retinol (plant based), but still no need for me to dry out my neck w/ 2 retinol products. I'll be looking for a similar product w/o retinol when I use up my stash. I asked CS to pass along the info that many women use Retin A or other retinol products and the neck cream is now a pass.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella   A quick search of my Skinceuticals shows a hand, neck and chest cream. The ingredients include silicone, glycerin, acids and other oils. I think since it's $71, I'll just continue w/ my Retin A and I can apply the oils I already use.