Regular Contributor

Josie Maran MEGA SIZE Whipped Body Butter 24oz. Any One Else Notice???

That this body butter does not seem the same. I always purchase unscented. Normally it is creamy, moisturizing, goes on smooth & leaves a nice glow to the skin. This mega size feels sticky, not as moisturizing & even stings a little. I'm not sure whats going on with this tub of body butter. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same problems? I'm not sure if I should keep it or send it back. Something doesn't seem quite right. Anyone else feel this way?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josie Maran MEGA SIZE Whipped Body Butter 24oz. Any One Else Notice???

Sounds like a jar of B-B I had a year ago - sticky. I don't buy mega sizes b/c it changes over time and with fingers dipping in and out.  I had to throw it out.  It just seemed to have spoiled or a goof when being made. 

Honored Contributor

NOPE!  No issues w/Vanilla Bean.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Mine are thinner in consistency.  The vanilla was totally unscented..not even a hint of vanilla.  I'll keep the 2 I got but won't continue with the auto delivery.  

Honored Contributor

@lindseyemmie wrote:

That this body butter does not seem the same. I always purchase unscented. Normally it is creamy, moisturizing, goes on smooth & leaves a nice glow to the skin. This mega size feels sticky, not as moisturizing & even stings a little. I'm not sure whats going on with this tub of body butter. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same problems? I'm not sure if I should keep it or send it back. Something doesn't seem quite right. Anyone else feel this way?

I have heard the same complaints about mega sizes in most brands over the years.I would return the product if I felt something was wrong.You bought it to enjoy didn’t you?

New Contributor

Recently received the 5 jars of the body butter.  Only 1 was full the other are all half full of product .  Only noticing this when I gave one jar as a gift. When she opened the jar it was only half full????  How embarrassing is that?

So I opened the other jars and sure enough half full.

Cannot return since the time was up for a return.

Will not use any skin care item that someone else probably has returned. 

No protecttion covering in any of the jars which is unusual.

Esteemed Contributor

@arie wrote:

Recently received the 5 jars of the body butter.  Only 1 was full the other are all half full of product .  Only noticing this when I gave one jar as a gift. When she opened the jar it was only half full????  How embarrassing is that?

So I opened the other jars and sure enough half full.

Cannot return since the time was up for a return.

Will not use any skin care item that someone else probably has returned. 

No protecttion covering in any of the jars which is unusual.

That "half filled" is an illusion that often occurs in tubs during shipping. 

Squatty-wide jars allow the contents to shift as they bump along in the truck, and due to the inner dimensions of the container it can appear only half filled.

Bang the bottom of the container on the counter to help contents shift back to their original fill line. 

My WEN Remoist does this, because like Josie's products, the jar is designed to be wide enough to scoop your fingers in.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the mega size in Cozy Chalet and the formula was very nice and the same as my other body butters. I returned it due to the stale scent. I actually felt bad returning it because the actual product was very good quality, but I just couldn’t handle the smell.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Bang the bottom of the container on the counter to help contents shift back to their original fill line. 

Josie does that prior to opening a jar.  It's what I do too.

I do find it strange that she does not advise her audiance to do the same.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Regarding half-filled jars, I still think it's kind of a rip-off.  Mine always come that way too, but I haven't returned them as I do like the scents.  And it's not just the jars, btw. I've seen posts criticizing the bottles of body milk for being not full as well.