Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran- I FIGURED OUT WHY SO MANY SHOWS!

I don't think that is the reason why she has so many shows. There are certain companies that have contacts with QVC to sell their products at a good price. Philosophy had more shows than any other product line for quite a while.That product line has so many chemicals and fillers that it could probalbly sit on a shelf for years with no problem! I think that QVC will push a product line that is popular and then when they saturate the market with it  they back off. Bare Minerals was on QVC frequently for several years at the height of it's popularity and now you hardly ever see it. Bare Minerals had the number one foundation at that time. It is not number one anymore so....   QVC just takes advantage of the market and pushes for sales while something is a hot item.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda 

I would also like to offer this for consideration.  The mail service. 

I have ordered several nice products, and a brow pencil before during the summer.  Any product that would fit in my mailbox sat there  and cooked basically until I picked the mail up.  My brow pencil basically melted, lipsticks, well, you can imagine. 

I'm not an especially bright person, but I did come to the conclusion that it was certainly not the products fault and I've learned there are some things that's just better not ordering in the summer.  

I will add that I've never had a problem with Josie's products, but they are left at my front door because they won't fit in my mailbox. 

Respected Contributor

I thought she was on frequently so we could see her wardrobe of prom gowns.  She must have several houses with huge walk-in closets. 

Respected Contributor

@maximillian    she has a long way to go to catch up with Susan Graver.

Regular Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I usually buy Josie Maran's Argan Oil when I see a good deal of QVC, just to make sure I don't run out.  This last bottle I opened up has an 'awful smell' to the oil.  I have never experienced this before with Josie's oil.  She probably has so many shows on QVC because obviously, the oil's 'shelf life' doesn't last forever so she needs to keep turning over her stock to keep it fresh.  That's my take on it anyway.

Sorry to hear this happened to you but your post made me laugh because it has happened to me so many times with Josie, Wen, Philosophy, Dr Denese, Perricone, etc.  I obviously have learned my lesson.

Super Contributor

I agree with you that certain products DO have a shelf life and must be promoted/

put On Sale or Clearance to move the excess inventory.

When there’s pallets of product sitting in a warehouse that have a set

”expiration date” stamped on them, of course those products must be

pushed out promptly to maximize profits.....which is preferable over 

a tax write off!

Depending on the product, it might be bundled in a Kit to move it out :::::fast.