Frequent Contributor

Josie Maran Face Butter - is it drying anyone else's face out?

I have been using the Face Butter for 2 weeks exactly the way advised...Argan Milk, Face Butter then top with Argan Oil. I was thrilled to receive it...love the texture, jar, unscented scent....however...I am noticing that my face is way drier than it should be 😳 actually not feeling very moist at all. Is anyone else experiencing this problem???

Regular Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Face Butter - is it drying anyone else's face out?

I had to return mine. It was irritating my skiin. It burned when I put it on. 

Respected Contributor

I love the face butter.  I can't imagine putting her oil over it though ????  I put the milk on then the butter - that's it. 

Regular Contributor

I too bought this Face Butter with high hopes, but I ended up returning it. I have very dry skin and use mostly face oils to moisturize. I don't like the feel of the oils sitting on my skin until they get finally absorbed (easily takes several hours) and then making my hair greasy during the night....so I bought this cream.

I had to apply too much of this cream to feel moisturized and then my face would feel dry again after an hour. After three days of using the Face Butter both AM and PM, I began to get lots of tiny blackheads on my chin. I haven't had a blackhead since the early 80s!

I also never had luck with the Argan Milk. It too wasn't enough moisture for me. I think Josie's products are pretty good but perhaps not enough for someone with very dry and dehydrated skin like mine.

Frequent Contributor

I've been using the regular cream or if I feel really dry I use the Divine Honey Butter. Though, D.H.B. seems like a little too much for me, it may work for you.

None of her stuff dries me out. If anything, I use too much & feel greasy,lol. Have you tried using the Argan Cleansing Oil? I have the Caramel Apple stuff & it works wonders on my skin.(I don't use it on my face)But the Argan Cleansing Oil is for your face. Or you may want to couple your cream w/Argan Milk. I love that stuff. I could use that w/nothing else & be happy.

Honored Contributor

No, I love mine. Mine has been keeping my skin feeling soft and I'm using it without the oil and milk right now, both because it works without them for me and because I've been lazy.

You might want to stash it until the end of winter and give it another try. I find that many products that don't work one season work very well in another season.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you @Haircut100 I think I agree with you. I like the Milk also but after a while my skin feels very dry. I do have good luck with her Body Butter. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it and it is perfect for my skin.I only use a tiny  bit at a time.   It sinks right in and i do not feel I need to add any other of her products with it

Frequent Contributor

I love many of Josie's products, but the face butter didn't work for me.  In fact, I much prefer my Oil of Olay Regenerist as it is more hydrating and leaves a satin-like feel which I prefer.  Thank goodness there's something for everyone!

Respected Contributor

I wonder if the quality of the face butter is not up to par as the jars are not filled either. Maybe production in China is not that good.