Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Face Butter - is it drying anyone else's face out?

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@SuzieQue wrote:

I LOVE the new face butter.....it is fabulous!! I use the milk, the face butter then the argan oil and my face feels and looks amazing. 

@suzyQ3 and may I add, another day of waking up with my skin like silk...I have used so many complicated skin care routines, etc...I have such dry skin, this face butter  at night with oil over,

in a.m. with milk under, it's just so easy, and I keep looking at my nose area where I had a few pores, they are just going away...Smiley Happy

@quadmimi, you notified the wrong suzy. :-)

opps sorry, I am kind of bad at this...Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Just got the face butter-it's quite hydrating. Only used a few times...I incorporate it into my other products from other lines (2) but needed something more now as my skin has became terrible post meno! arghh

However..and please read this to all with very dry skin who wants to keep that soft hydrating feeling all day!;

I saw that Bobbi Brown had a skin sample trio kit at Sephora (code is still there of you look up codes at retailmenot if you want to get something there). I already had the cleansing oil (love) but never tried the intense face cream balm, it's akin to her eye balm. IT"S THE BOMB.

I didn't get trio set at Sephora since her other set of eye makeup caught my eye...there are 3 trios free when you buy anything on the site over 25.00. So I regretted not opting for the skncare trio w/the face balm in it--was too lazy to go 15 mins away to macy's to sample this face balm. So went to eBay and knowing many put them up for sale I bought 2. Oh wow!! it's amazing. Gotta try it. Seriously it's the best.

Summertime I may go with Bobbi's hydrating face cream as I did last year..have that already.....it's nice too but nothing like her face balm if your skin is dying for hydration that stays that way.

I will opt to buy a full size soon Smiley Happy   Smiley Happy happy face dance. Not going to reorder JM's since the samples just came this week and won me over!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

I purchased argan oil in pure form from a company and it has not made my skin softer.........so I am glad I did not invest in Josie Maran.  I am sure it is working for some but the original from a company that makes it pure and it does not make my skin softer.  Does anyone else like aragon oil?

Valued Contributor

@Jifner1956 wrote:

I have been using the Face Butter for 2 weeks exactly the way advised...Argan Milk, Face Butter then top with Argan Oil. I was thrilled to receive it...love the texture, jar, unscented scent....however...I am noticing that my face is way drier than it should be 😳 actually not feeling very moist at all. Is anyone else experiencing this problem???

Not everything works for everyone. I'd say 2 weeks a very fair trial for a moisturizer. If you're feeling drier I'd consider returning it. Josie's oil doesn't work for me either. I don't find it moisturizing as some feel it is. I like her whipped argan for the skin but as more of a novelty with the scents.