Valued Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Divine Drip Honey Butter

@LoriLori wrote:

OMG, put it everywhere (except my face) after my shower.  LOVE!  Elbows!  As you go into the winter up north you NEED this for your elbows!  The neck, she's so right.  But everywhere feels lovely.  And that scent of honey, it's very natural and light enough that having used it everywhere from the neck down it's still quite light.  So for nights when I don't want to clash with my cologne this should be perfect.  Or just fall asleep to the gentle honey scent.

LOVE!  WINNER WINNER WINNER!

I think it's interesting that some people can smell the honey while other's can't. I can't detect any scent at all i mine - or perhaps maybe my sniffer is just broken. I really wish I could smell it because I was really looking forward to a nice warm honey scent Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Sorry, @ctinaw!

I have an incredible sense of smell.  My best sense.  Even when my sinuses are blocked I smell everything, no matter how faint.  This is both a blessing and a curse!

The scent of the honey is very light.  But maybe Josie will do a fragrance one day, it would be beautiful amped up and in a fragrance.  

Regular Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Sorry, @ctinaw!

I have an incredible sense of smell.  My best sense.  Even when my sinuses are blocked I smell everything, no matter how faint.  This is both a blessing and a curse!

The scent of the honey is very light.  But maybe Josie will do a fragrance one day, it would be beautiful amped up and in a fragrance.  

I'm like you...I can smell everything.  It seems to be more of a curse than a blessing!  I get migraines very easily from smells.

I got my TSV yesterday and can definintely smell the honey.

Honored Contributor

I used the body oil & Divine honey butter yesterday. I can smell a slight hint of honey. I bought the unscented set because I prefer not to use perfume or products that leave a fragrance. Most cause me to have headaches, runny nose, runny eyes etc. The body oil did not lather like they showed on TV. I don't like using oily products like that in the shower that leave it slick. I feel like I'm going to fall on my rear. I had to turn around & use some Beekman soap to cut the oil on my body. I washed my face with it & that's how I will use up that product. Did not leave my face greasy. The Divine butter feels like it absorbs better then the whipped butter.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happily stuck my arm in the face of my mother today so she could smell the caramel apple and she wasn't a fan - lol. Her comment was - "please don't give that to me for Christmas" - LOL - ok mom - no problem. She is an unscented girl as well and sensitive to many perfumes. I love fragrances - perhaps because my sense of smell is dulled - Smiley Happy. I can see how it would be a curse. I have a coworker who says the same thing.

But as for the Divine Honey - regardless of the smell it really seems to perform. I'm going to be using it as an under eye cream - it really softens that area quite nicely! And also a neck cream. But the texture reminded me of those expensive eye creams you get in the tiny tiny jars that cost just as much as this kit Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I used the body oil & Divine honey butter yesterday. I can smell a slight hint of honey. I bought the unscented set because I prefer not to use perfume or products that leave a fragrance. Most cause me to have headaches, runny nose, runny eyes etc. The body oil did not lather like they showed on TV. I don't like using oily products like that in the shower that leave it slick. I feel like I'm going to fall on my rear. I had to turn around & use some Beekman soap to cut the oil on my body. I washed my face with it & that's how I will use up that product. Did not leave my face greasy. The Divine butter feels like it absorbs better then the whipped butter.

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I agree with you about how it absorbs better than the butter which absorbs very well as it is.  Loving this new Divne product.  Haven't tried the body oil wash yet but did shower with Beekman today!  Love the orange bloosom that came in the mail this mornng.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

I happily stuck my arm in the face of my mother today so she could smell the caramel apple and she wasn't a fan - lol. Her comment was - "please don't give that to me for Christmas" - LOL - ok mom - no problem. She is an unscented girl as well and sensitive to many perfumes. I love fragrances - perhaps because my sense of smell is dulled - Smiley Happy. I can see how it would be a curse. I have a coworker who says the same thing.

But as for the Divine Honey - regardless of the smell it really seems to perform. I'm going to be using it as an under eye cream - it really softens that area quite nicely! And also a neck cream. But the texture reminded me of those expensive eye creams you get in the tiny tiny jars that cost just as much as this kit Smiley Tongue

I think I'm going to try this as an eye cream. I've been looking for a new eye cream anyway and might as well try this!  Thanks for the suggestion.

Super Contributor

I just received my tsv today. I can't wait to try the new honey butter. Sounds like everyone is loving so I'm sure I will too.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

----------------------

I'm adding a little bit of the oil to my usual body wash on a mesh sponge. It's not too oily but seems to add some additional moisture. Someone recommended it in a review I read and I'm liking it now. 

Frequent Contributor

@ctinaw Everything you described is perfect!! I just got mine into today!!! The new Honey drip is unbelievable!! Hope she keeps this and isn't just a seasonal item.