Super Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter.....will it work in a pump???

I most often reach for JM Body Butter to moisturize my body. Love the product, hate the tub. I recently transferred the Body Butter (used a mini spatula from the kitchen) into a 3 oz squeeze bottle. It works fairly well, and no more dipping into the tub! But I'd love to have a pump bottle for ease of use. But I'm wondering if the product will be too thick/dense to work in a pump. Has anyone ever transferred the product to a pump bottle?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter.....will it work in a pump???

I've never tried transferring the body butter to a pump.  Sounds messy, but would love the product to be sold in a pump.  Great idea !

Respected Contributor

I also would love the body butter in a pump bottle. I used to use another brand and it was in a pump bottle and it was so much easier to use. Do not remember if it was as thick as JM's. 

Respected Contributor

@StillRachB Yes I agree but I would prefer a tube. no more dip, dip, dip!

Respected Contributor

The body butter is way too thick.  I love it the way it is.  Wish I could afford it all the time.

Valued Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
I most often reach for JM Body Butter to moisturize my body. Love the product, hate the tub. I recently transferred the Body Butter (used a mini spatula from the kitchen) into a 3 oz squeeze bottle. It works fairly well, and no more dipping into the tub! But I'd love to have a pump bottle for ease of use. But I'm wondering if the product will be too thick/dense to work in a pump. Has anyone ever transferred the product to a pump bottle?

I'm going to transfer mine into a squeeze bottle.  I don't like the tubs, either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am one who really likes jars (or tubs if you prefer calling a jar that).  I hope the Butter is never taken out of a jar.  It's much too thick to pump anyway.  

Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:

@StillRachBMy hubby has bad psoriasis and dry skin.

I bought him this large tub of cream, think it was Eucerin or something as it was on sale.

I only got it due to the tub! it had a tub and it was a cream...not that thick but thick enough and doggone it wish I had saved that tub w/the pump.

Also there's a foot healing cream with a pump about the same as the Eucerin cream in the tub at stores like target and CVS etc.

I threw that out too and now wish I had it to transfer my Josies creams.

I loathe finger dipping anything but honestly I've never had a skin condtion or anything for finger dipping all my life, even my face creams that should be in a tube though, like my like Elemis Marine cream and so much more.

Why don't they use the tubes? it makes no sense to me.

Nearing the end we can cut the end and get the residual product out if that's why they do it (so we get full amount)

Agree it's a pain these jars!!!!.

Try the cream with a  pump I mention if you want sanitary creams - just dump it or scrape the other stuff into a diff jar and put Josie's inside it. I may just do that thsi week!!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

I like it in the tub because I can get all of it out. In a tube or bottle you would not be able to get to all of it. Maybe I'm the only one but as expensive as it is and as much as I love it I like to take out as much as I want and close it . I will get every last bit of it when it's gone. I'm the only one using it so it's not like other people are dipping into it. Just my opinion. 

Respected Contributor

@Trix I Love a few of JM's scented Body Butter tubs but it would be more convienient if she would also offer it in a tube or pump for the shower. Better yet a pump. I love the look of the Jar on my vanity which I do use but not in the shower. I use a different brand body moisturizer as well, but with a pump in my shower & one, with a tube.