Respected Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter used on my face

I'm an avid fan of Josie's body butter for my body, but have heard of ladies using it on their face.  I have to say that it's wonderful for my senior skin and even my dermatologist has noticed an improvement since I began using it, but , I never considered using it as my facial moisturizer.  Last week, as I prepared for bed, I realized I had not used my usual moisturizer, but was just too tired to go back in the bathroom and apply it. Well, as I always keep a jar of the body butter on my nightstand I just reached for that and used it.

The results have been amazing "for me".  I have deep smokers lines and coffee drinking lines around my upper lip and the inevitable 11 between my eyes.  Well, these lines have softened considerably and I am thrilled.  

I guess I'll have to take the advice of the ladies who knew about this and it will be my new facial moisturizer!

Thank you to those who suggested this .  It really worked for my lines and wrinkles! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter used on my face

@Georgiagrama 

Fabulous!  She does make a face butter that many rave about!  You should try it!  The super-sized Face Butter is $50 - A351047.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I like her body SPF under my eyes and on my neck.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama  After hearing from so many customers that they were using Body Butter on their face is probably the key reason Josie and her product team came out with Face Butter. On trips in order to simplify my travel beauty bag, I have taken only Body Butter knowing I can use it on face and body with good results.  That said, I find Face Butter is even more hydrating than the regular Body Butter on the face, so you you may like the feel and the results even more than Body Butter.  However, I wouldn't criticize you for sticking with the Body Butter because as the saying goes: if it ain't broke don't fix it. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of times I've tried using the body butter on my face instead of my usual Olay product in the morning as a moisturizer under my foundation but it just sits like an oil slick for too long. It does that on my arms and legs as well but there I can wait it out. 

Haven't watched her shows for quite some time so I didn't know about the face butter. I'm going to see if I can find reviews and if there are no complaints about it sitting like an oil slick on the face I'm going to give it a try. Glad I read this thread or wouldn't have known about it.

Respected Contributor

I have very dry skin and have often used her body butter on my face. Have had no problems applying makeup afterwards. She does make a face butter but I don't like it all.It's not has emollient as her body butter. It also doesn't blend well. It gets wonderful reviews from many people but you will also find people who claim it pills. Glad to hear tha it is working for you too.

Esteemed Contributor

I am another one who liked the body butter for the face.  The face butter, not so much.  I am not sure why I quit using the body butter on my face.......though, I am using her Skin Dope with cbd and like it very much.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I also use and love the body butter on my face.  I just use a light touch, a little goes a long way.  I used the face body butter until the jar was empty so I can compare the two.  For me, the body butter is much better.  The face butter was very thin and watery, and inconsequential on my face. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I also use and love the body butter on my face.  I just use a light touch, a little goes a long way.  I used the face body butter until the jar was empty so I can compare the two.  For me, the body butter is much better.  The face butter was very thin and watery, and inconsequential on my face. 

@Caaareful Shopper , I've never tried the body butter on my face but I did buy a jar of the face butter and I hated it.  It's very odd but my face honestly felt dry(er) after using it.

Respected Contributor

I have and liked it as well.  I say anything is better than nothing for my skin.