Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter used on my face

@shaggygirl wrote:

A couple of times I've tried using the body butter on my face instead of my usual Olay product in the morning as a moisturizer under my foundation but it just sits like an oil slick for too long. It does that on my arms and legs as well but there I can wait it out. 

Haven't watched her shows for quite some time so I didn't know about the face butter. I'm going to see if I can find reviews and if there are no complaints about it sitting like an oil slick on the face I'm going to give it a try. Glad I read this thread or wouldn't have known about it.

@shaggygirl   I'm also a long time Oil of Olay user for my face. I just use the original pink cream day and night.  I was really surprised that the body butter worked so well for me.  I don't think I'd try and use it before my make up, although it didn't feel slick for nighttime use,  I agree that it could be a bit slick before make up unless you have very dry skin.    

I was actually very surprised with the results for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

I have very dry skin and have often used her body butter on my face. Have had no problems applying makeup afterwards. She does make a face butter but I don't like it all.It's not has emollient as her body butter. It also doesn't blend well. It gets wonderful reviews from many people but you will also find people who claim it pills. Glad to hear tha it is working for you too.

@Tricolor   I am really enjoying the results of the body butter and I'm aggravated with myself for not thinking of it sooner. I use it every night on my arms and hands and feet. You would think it would have dawned on me before now to try it on my face.  It will be my nighttime cream from now on. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I'm an avid fan of Josie's body butter for my body, but have heard of ladies using it on their face.  I have to say that it's wonderful for my senior skin and even my dermatologist has noticed an improvement since I began using it, but , I never considered using it as my facial moisturizer.  Last week, as I prepared for bed, I realized I had not used my usual moisturizer, but was just too tired to go back in the bathroom and apply it. Well, as I always keep a jar of the body butter on my nightstand I just reached for that and used it.

The results have been amazing "for me".  I have deep smokers lines and coffee drinking lines around my upper lip and the inevitable 11 between my eyes.  Well, these lines have softened considerably and I am thrilled.  

I guess I'll have to take the advice of the ladies who knew about this and it will be my new facial moisturizer!

Thank you to those who suggested this .  It really worked for my lines and wrinkles! 

@Georgiagrama 

Thats why  she developed her face butter..........lol  We kept telling her we were using it on our face , so she made the Face Butter  Smiley Happy

She has one for your neck too.

Frequent Contributor

Ok ladies, I also am a Josie fan. I have used her body butter, divine drip, Argan oil and the milk. Like them all. But I really would like to buy just one of these products to use on my whole face and neck. Which would be the best overall? I understand we all have different skin. I am leaning towards the Argan oil as it is very versatile. She keeps making more and more products that all contain Argan oil so why not just use Argan oil???

Respected Contributor

@mardy wrote:

Ok ladies, I also am a Josie fan. I have used her body butter, divine drip, Argan oil and the milk. Like them all. But I really would like to buy just one of these products to use on my whole face and neck. Which would be the best overall? I understand we all have different skin. I am leaning towards the Argan oil as it is very versatile. She keeps making more and more products that all contain Argan oil so why not just use Argan oil???

@mardy  I don't see why just the Argan oil wouldn't work for everything.  I have some, but I like the scents with the body butter. I don't buy the super sizes any more because I like to change out the scents so when she comes out with a new one, I'm usually jumping on it. Smiley LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@mardy I love Josie's argan oil, and use lots, face and body. Sometimes I use it on top of makeup, and anywhere in my body where my skin feels dry.   But the oil is better when used with other products.  Oil does not absorb on its own as well, even when the skin feels very dry, which is why Josie developed the milk, which IMO preps the skin to receive the oil.  I like using the milk and oil together.

As a standalone moisturizer that can be used anywhere, I recommend the Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil great for anywhere the skin feels dry, face and body, no additional product necessary.  It comes in a tube, so it is easy to take anywhere.  It is one of the first products Josie brought.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have used her body butter as a night cream for over two years.

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I have used her body butter as a night cream for over two years.

@barrel racer  I don't know why I didn't try it sooner.  I've seen many posts saying they used it on their face, but, I just never tried it.  I'm seeing some nice results and I'm happy.  I'm one of those people that the fewer products I have to use, the more I like it.