Respected Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter scent question

QVC only has the unscented body butter at this time, so I went to Josie's site.  She has several of her more popular scents available.  I want to try something other than Sweet Citrus and Vanilla Apricot which are my staples.

Has anyone tried the Sweet Cranberry scent of the Vanilla Bean and would you mind giving a description (as best you can at describing a scent) of either of these ?

Thank you 

Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter scent question

Vanilla Bean is a very mild scent. To me it smells like a bowl of melted vanilla ice cream. It is one of my favorites. ( I can't stand vanilla scents that smell like cake icing)  I have not tried the cranberry.

Honored Contributor

The vanilla bean is very soft.  It almost smells like marshmellow.  I always use scented lotion on my arms that match my perfume but I like to use the body butter everywhere else.  I can use the vanilla bean and it doesn't interfer with my fragrance.

I know you didn't ask but the French Vanilla is disgusting.  I bought that once and it smelled like playdoh.    

Respected Contributor

@blondie13 wrote:

Vanilla Bean is a very mild scent. To me it smells like a bowl of melted vanilla ice cream. It is one of my favorites. ( I can't stand vanilla scents that smell like cake icing)  I have not tried the cranberry.

@blondie13   Thank you very much.  😊

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The vanilla bean is very soft.  It almost smells like marshmellow.  I always use scented lotion on my arms that match my perfume but I like to use the body butter everywhere else.  I can use the vanilla bean and it doesn't interfer with my fragrance.

I know you didn't ask but the French Vanilla is disgusting.  I bought that once and it smelled like playdoh.    

@Lipstickdiva   Thank you very much for both reviews.  No, I would not care for the French Vanilla scent either. 😊  

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama.. a big Josie body butter fan here.. and I have tried many different scents. Although, Sorry never the cranberry. Vanilla Bean is a mild scent as another poster mentioned.
Trusted Contributor

@Georgiagrama   I cannot speak to the two you mention but....My all time favorite body butter scent of Josie's is vanilla fig.  It does not smell like either vanilla nor fig - sort of indescribable actually.   It is light, not heavy and truly unique.  I don't think you'd be disappointed

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama - When I first started using Josie's body butters I had a small cranberry something. I can't remember the exact name, but I really liked it. It had just a subtle hint of cranberry, but you could definitely tell it was cranberry! I haven't seen it here since.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@Georgiagrama.. a big Josie body butter fan here.. and I have tried many different scents. Although, Sorry never the cranberry. Vanilla Bean is a mild scent as another poster mentioned.

@KKlim   Thank you!  It seems the Vanilla Bean is a favorite.  I've had my interest peaked. 😊  I do enjoy her milder scents.  It's funny but over the years I've used her body butter, I've developed a nose for chemical scents and I cannot stand them any more.  Even perfumes and colognes are no longer purchased for me. I do enjoy her light, natural scents. 

Respected Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Georgiagrama   I cannot speak to the two you mention but....My all time favorite body butter scent of Josie's is vanilla fig.  It does not smell like either vanilla nor fig - sort of indescribable actually.   It is light, not heavy and truly unique.  I don't think you'd be disappointed

@fitfuninformed    Thank you for your review.  I also enjoy her light, natural scents.