Frequent Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter in Vanilla Almond?????

Hi!

I've seen so many negative reviews on Josie's Vanilla Almond Body Butter.  Is there anyone who likes it and can let me know what if smells like?

Thank and have a fabulous weekend!!Woman Wink

Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter in Vanilla Almond?????

I just received my first jar of Vanilla Almond. It is a pleasant smell that quickly disappears after I put it on. It's a sweet smell, but I don't get any vanilla or almond! I love almond smells and I thought it was going to smell like the original Jergen's lotion (which I love for its memories!) JM vanilla almond is a nice smell, though. It's just not what I thought it would be. Sorry, I can't be more helpful!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that it does not smell like almond or vanilla. Definitely not a foodie/bakery scent. To me, it smelled like patchouli and reminded me of incense. That's just my take on the scent, but every nose is different. 

Hopefully someone who loves the scent can give you their opinion of it. Love Josie's body butters! 

Valued Contributor

I thought maybe it was just me. I love JM body butters but when I used the vanilla almond I was really put off by the scent. I agree with the post that there is no vanilla or almond smell. Would not recommend that scent
Respected Contributor

I don't even know how to describe the smell.  I agree that it did not smell like almond or vanilla. I think it might be my least favorite of any of Josie's body butters. 

I ended up giving mine to a friend who liked it.  Maybe you can find some mini's to try.  I know that last Christmas I was able to buy a set of travel sizes at Sephora.  

Respected Contributor

@jettaforce wrote:

Hi!

I've seen so many negative reviews on Josie's Vanilla Almond Body Butter.  Is there anyone who likes it and can let me know what if smells like?

Thank and have a fabulous weekend!!Woman Wink

I agree with the others in that this was the one scent from JM that was awful to me. I returned it because I could not stand it. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with the poster who said it smells like patchouli. It reminded me of walking into an old hippie head shop back in the 60's!  I ordered the 19 oz. size, because I do like her body butters & like almond scents, but I never got any almond scent from it at all & I returned it.

Super Contributor

I agree with aubnwa01.  It reminded me not of vanilla or almond or the beach, as Josie and a couple of hosts have commented.  The words that came to my mind were hippie and patchouli.    I like almost all of Josie's scents, but this is one that I definitely DON'T like.

Honored Contributor

I love JM body butters but I have to do the unscented or the vanilla.  Her scents are just not natural and soft like she always claims.  Most of them smell over powering to me and very chemical and heavy.  There are 1 or 2 exceptions but I'd never buy a sample of any of her scented butters.  I've smelled enough to know most don't appeal to me.

New Contributor

I'm laughing at these reviews because the Vanilla Almond is my absolute favorite scent.  In fact, I have been trying to find it somewhere else because QVC does not sell it anymore, probably because of these reviews (lol).  I agree it does not smell like the beach, BUT I absolutely smell vanilla and almond.  It is not over-bearing and is a very light Vanilla Almond smell.  I also think it is very similar to the throwback Jergen's smell, just much more lighter.  I miss it!!