Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter Scent Descriptions Requested

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone!  

I am on the fence about a few Josie Maran Body Butters and whether I should order them or not.  Lilac, Lemon Verbena and Vanilla Almond are current options for my 19-ounce auto-delivery and the Salted Caramel set is currently on QVC.com.  One of the reviews for the Salted Caramel said it was slightly maple, and I do not want that.  I was so excted to get her Toasted Brown Sugar, and it was very much like maple.

Over the years, each scent of her body butter seems to get varying reviews, sometimes they smell nothing like their names, too strong, artificial...

Does anyone have any experinces with...

Lilac

Salted Caramel

Vanilla Almond

Lemon Verbena

I appreciate your help!  

Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter Scent Descriptions Requested

[ Edited ]

@Toms Mom wrote:

Hi everyone!  

I am on the fence about a few Josie Maran Body Butters and whether I should order them or not.  Lilac, Lemon Verbena and Vanilla Almond are current options for my 19-ounce auto-delivery and the Salted Caramel set is currently on QVC.com.  One of the reviews for the Salted Caramel said it was slightly maple, and I do not want that.  I was so excted to get her Toasted Brown Sugar, and it was very much like maple.

Over the years, each scent of her body butter seems to get varying reviews, sometimes they smell nothing like their names, too strong, artificial...

Does anyone have any experinces with...

Lilac

Salted Caramel

Vanilla Almond

Lemon Verbena

I appreciate your help!  

Hello @Toms Mom, I have two of these scents:  Salted Caramel and Lemon Verbena.   The Salted Caramel is absolutely my favorite of all the scents I've tried from her brand I've tried about a dozen or more LOL).  

I got the Toasted Brown Sugar last October, and I agree that it smelled very much like maple syrup.  While I really do like the smell of maple syrup, it was just too strong and the scent didn't work well with my body chemistry (was okay at first, but then turned funny over the course of the day) so I ended up returning it.   I then ordered the trio of Salted Caramel and was so happy with that scent, that I even ordered another set Smiley Very Happy   To my nose, I cannot detect the scent of maple syrup whatsoever - all I smell is rich caramel and a light hint of sea salt ... not a sugary scent, but a warm, rich scent.

I think the Lemon Verbena is a wonderful combination of a freshly squeezed lemon (think Lisbon variety, not the sweeter Meyer variety) and the herb scent you get when you rub real lemon verbena leaves together between your fingers (I've grown lemon verbena for years).  So I definitely would not describe this lemon as dessert like, sugary, or sweet.

Did you ever get to try Philosophy's Iced Mint Lemonade shower gel or body creme?  If so, I would say that Josie's Lemon Verbena would be more like that scent, versus the dessert like scent of Philosophy's Lemon Custard shower gel or body creme.

I hope this helps you somewhat!

Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter Scent Descriptions Requested

Hi cal-gal!  Thank you so very much for the wonderful, detailed answers!  

This helped me a lot!  I will probably try the Salted Caramel, as I love anything Salted Caramel!  I am glad to hear that you do not smell the maple in it!

I have not tried the Iced Mint Lemonade from philosophy, only the Lemon Custard.  

Thanks again!