Frequent Contributor

Josie Maran Body Butter Moldy

Has this happened to anyone else? It was only opened for a few months.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Body Butter Moldy

I'm surprised but.........when she offers 8 - 10 big jars of BB for cut rate price I always wonder 'why?"   I don't want to warehouse her product so I refuse to bite even for an attractive price.  I buy only 1 or 2 jars at a time - guess I could also get a 'bad' batch.

Respected Contributor

When I tried the Body Butter, I was annoyed that for such a "premium" product, it was packaged so poorly. i.e. unsealed. So I guess it's no surprise to me that it is moldy!

I won't be buying more until this issue is remedied!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I just took a look at my past orders and they only go back thru 2017 so I must have gotten my jar before then cause it's not listed. I still have about a quarter of the jar (13.5oz) left (I don't use it all that often, too oily for me) but no mold after all this time. I know some ladies say it's not oily or greasy but if you've watched the ladies apply it when Josie is on you know it's greasy.

Honored Contributor

@staceyluvsyou  Send her an email on her website and explain the situation and where you purchased, etc.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@staceyluvsyou 

I have seen only a couple of complaints about a product getting mold, but it was about the Divine Drip, never the body butter. 

I know that it isn't wise to keep any product that has natural ingredients in an envioirment that is warm. My body butter always lasts me at least 3 months once opened and I've never had a problem. 

I feel sure that if you contact Josie, she will make it right if QVC doesn't.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one I'm using now has been opened for months.  No problem here.  I would contact her company too.

Honored Contributor

I would contact QVC first.    I tried her body butter and didn't care for it.  I like others better.  JMO

Honored Contributor

Call QVC's customer service.  It's a defective product so you should get a full refind, including shipping and you should not have pay the return shipping fee.  

Respected Contributor

I've never had a problem either.  I wonder if you received an old product.