Esteemed Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argon Whipped Body Butter

[ Edited ]

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I miss lavender citrus and peppermint bark.

-----------------

I am really wishing for a 52 oz jar in the Peppermint this year!!!  But it seems that it will not be one of the scents...

Honored Contributor

This topic comes up almost everytime she is on.  I use her body butter and I absolutely love it.  But I only like the unscented or the vanilla because it's light.  The pear is nice but I wouldn't buy the jumbo size of it.  All the other scents I've smelled are too much for me, some of them downright gag worthy.

I know they are trying to convey how moisturizing this lotion is but one model putting it on would suffice.  I think we all know how to apply lotions so it makes me laugh that they generally have 3 or 4 models sitting there slathering lotion on.

I also do agree that Josie's presentations can be a turn off because of over application.  During 1 hours shows she puts everything on multiple times and ends up looking like a grease slick.   

Regular Contributor

There's a 52 oz size?? Where? I don't see it on the Q.

Honored Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:

Holy cannoli. That's a lot of body butter. The super size is only 19oz.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@FleurFairy wrote:

Holy cannoli. That's a lot of body butter. The super size is only 19oz.  

Maybe, she got the size & the $52 price mixed up?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This topic comes up almost everytime she is on.  I use her body butter and I absolutely love it.  But I only like the unscented or the vanilla because it's light.  The pear is nice but I wouldn't buy the jumbo size of it.  All the other scents I've smelled are too much for me, some of them downright gag worthy.

I know they are trying to convey how moisturizing this lotion is but one model putting it on would suffice.  I think we all know how to apply lotions so it makes me laugh that they generally have 3 or 4 models sitting there slathering lotion on.

I also do agree that Josie's presentations can be a turn off because of over application.  During 1 hours shows she puts everything on multiple times and ends up looking like a grease slick.   

I have considered this product, but always get turned off by the presentation with the greasy arms.  Now, I'm concerned about the scent.  Are the scented ones really that strong?  I like a little scent, but I can't handle heavy scents and I have a cat that has been diagnosed with astma.  Like, I can handle the scent in liquid laundry detergent, but the scented laundry pods are just way too strong so I have to get the Free and Clear variety of those.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have considered this product, but always get turned off by the presentation with the greasy arms.  Now, I'm concerned about the scent.  Are the scented ones really that strong?  I like a little scent, but I can't handle heavy scents and I have a cat that has been diagnosed with astma.  Like, I can handle the scent in liquid laundry detergent, but the scented laundry pods are just way too strong so I have to get the Free and Clear variety of those.

@IcegoddessI am very sensitive to scents but I can wear most of Josie's body butters that I have tried.  My favorite is the vanilla bean.  I also like the sweet citrus a lot.  I have to do only Free and Clear laundry detergent because I am sensitive to most of them.  Josie also has an unscented body butter that I use when I can't get the vanilla bean.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Icegoddess, I am a huge fragrance person.  I have loads of perfumes, body sprays, etc.  So it's not like I'm sensitive to smells.  But so many of Josie's are too much for me.

My suggestion would be if you have a Sephora near you, go in there and smell them.  They carry many of the scents Josie offers.  That is what I did after I bought one last year that was so awful I couldn't wait to shower to get the stench off.  LOL  It was the toasted brown sugar.  It just smelled burned. 

The unscented obviously is good and the vanilla is very subtle.  I'm typicall not a straight vanilla fan but her's is lovely. The vanilla pear was nice and I think vanilla apricot was passable to me.  Some of the others were just bad to my nose.   

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite, Not only QVC does this, but most retail website track us.  Haven't you ever searched for something only to have that specific item and the places you clicked into pop up randomly on your internet homepage and email pages. I recently was checking out new bras from Wacoal to replenish the bra wardrobe for fall and now I am inundated with offers for Wacoal bras.   

Esteemed Contributor

I just tried the whipped body butter for the first time when the two large jars were offered on TSV. At the time, I ordered lavendar citrus. First of all, the scent is medicinal. Secondly, Josie said it was not greasy. To me, it is. I can't use it on my face at all because of the greasy feel. I will use the rest on my arms and legs, if I can stand that fragrance.