Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan cleansing oil reaction

I've never had trouble with any of Josie's products. In fact I'm a big fan. But I agree with those who say don't push it if you are having a bad reaction. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have. Hers is one of the worst cleansing oil I've tried. I thought it was awful and yes, it did cause me irritation. And don't get me started on that weird taste it leave in your mouth even though I don't have my mouth open when I wash my face! That is the weirdest thing ever and something I've never had happen with any of the other cleansing oils I've tried. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got this in a small kit at Sephora yesterday and used it for the very first time last night and I loved it.  The smell was almost citrus smelling and my skin felt so soft afterward.  Just my  experience with this and like I said I have only used it 1 time so far.  Also got the sugar scrub and that is very nice as well.

Off topic but doesn anyone know her TSV for August?

Honored Contributor

I've tried JM Cleansing Oil and didn't like it at all.  Her Argan Milk made my face feel irritated too, which I thought was weird.  I wasn't thrilled with DHC cleansing oil either.  I found Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil a few years ago and have been very happy with it - have reordered and recommended many times.  While not an exact dupe, I feel it's pretty close to the Tatcha cleanser but more affordable.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've tried JM Cleansing Oil and didn't like it at all.  Her Argan Milk made my face feel irritated too, which I thought was weird.  I wasn't thrilled with DHC cleansing oil either.  I found Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil a few years ago and have been very happy with it - have reordered and recommended many times.  While not an exact dupe, I feel it's pretty close to the Tatcha cleanser but more affordable.

YES! It actually made my face feel like it was burning so I tried washing it off but it still felt irritated for awhile after I washed it off. I can't figure out what is in it that would do that but it was a terrible product for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Queencreekmom,     I would stop using it on your face.  Test it out one at a time on the back of your wrist or arm to see if you have a reaction.  HeartCat Indifferent

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Queencreekmom wrote:

I just started using Josie Marans argan oil and cleanser, I'm noticing that my face feels sunburned and almost raw on my cheeks 's and  forehead.  Has anyone else had this reaction to the JM cleanser or oil?   I'm wondering if I'm using the cleanser wrong.  Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Smiley Happy  

@Queencreekmom

Hello.. I am an oil cleaning affainicado lol and tried sooo many by age 60 tried quite a bit! I think this one was the top WORST oil I've ever tried and commented on this a long time ago as someone had problems with it as well. It left a thick residue gave me a pimply reaction which resolved rather fast, itched and smelled rancid. It was like soybean oil or something you'd cook with kind of stale when you throw out older oil. It was bitter when washing as the moxture gets in ones mouth/lips and I didnt care for that thinking wow soo bitter what is in this? the residue on skin ANd the bottle itslef was gross. It was liek glue on teh bottle. I think this oil is of a very poor quailty....we are not a lone. I think it has to be the worst items she has and I enjoy a few Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not to the cleanser oil but that happened to me with the argan milk.  Made my face red and sting, I see others have had the same problem.   I have used the plain argan oil on my face with no problems and like it. 

There are so many cleansers on the market, I would find one that you don't have to struggle to use without pain or irritation...

Occasional Contributor

I tried using JM Argan Cleansing Oil and Argan Oil again after my face healed from the first time I used it.  I took some of the suggestions you all had but it made my face feel sunburnt and I had some rough flaky patches again on my forehead, cheeks and nose. It's been a little over a week and I still have the dry patches, I'm only using cetaphil cleanser and a moisturizer. I've never had sensitive skin at all, so I have to assume there's something in the cleansing oil that I'm allergic too.  I'm going to try just the Argan Oil again on a small area of my face, I've done a ton of reviews and haven't really found anyone that wasn't able to use Argan Oil.  I really need some hydration!  😀