I have been having issues and went to the Dermatologist and have seborrheic dermatitis  on my face.  I was given cortisone and perscription cream to apply.  They did not work and for two weeks it was terrible.  I decided to go natural and stop my daily routines and give Argan Oil and Milk a try since I had purchased them already but was waiting for what I was using to run out before opening.  I went ahead and just cleaned my face and applied both the Argan Oil and the Milk in the monring and the evening.  I have to say that within 3 days my seborrheic dermatitis was cleared.  I have been using the products since and my skin is clean, fresh, smooth and dermatitis free.  Josie I will be sticking with the all natural products from now on.  As we age our skin -- our largest organ -- changes and all natural is the way for me to go.  I am a lover of the body butters and have been using those for some time now.  So Thank you Josie and I will be expanding my skin and body needs to more Maran Products.  Laura 

Respected Contributor

@LoRub   I see that this is your first post.  WELCOME !!

I love Josie's products, too.  I use her stuff exclusively and my skin is looking and feeling great !

Frequent Contributor

I also had a problem with rashes etc. on my face and neck.  I could not use the meds my dr. prescribed.  Like you I cleansed my face and used Josie's aragon oil....It stopped the stinging and burning and within 2 days my face was clear...My dr. could not believe it. Love her body lotions etc.  Thank you Josie.

Contributor

I have been using the argan milk since I got it in a TSV a few months ago, and I have to admit that even though I was skeptical, I do love it.  I'm a card-carrying senior citizen and although I was blessed with good genes (my mother had beautiful skin even in her 90's), I was noticing the little fine laugh lines and crepey skin on my neck.  The argan milk really seems to be smothing them out.  I think I know what Josie means when she says it makes your skin "juicey" - my skin looks softer and more resilient.  

I don't really use the pure oil as much, but as a side note, twice I have gotten burns while using a curling wand and just grabbed that bottle of argan oil and put it on the burn.  Seriously, it worked better than anything I've ever used for minor burns.  Took the sting of the burn right out, and kept my skin from blistering. By the next day, I couldn't even tell I had burned myself.  For that alone, I'm going to keep this stuff around.

Respected Contributor

I don't really trust "natural" products. But, I do love the JM Argan Milk & now the Argan Whipped Face Butter.

I use the Argan Oil when I get it in a set, but I use Shea Moisture Argan OIl daily as a makeup remover.

It hasn't done miracles for my skin, but I do find the Milk & the Butter nicely moisturizing for my aging/ combo skin & it doesn't break me out.

The Argan Oil is very soothing when I have a breakout or some issue with my skin & it makes a great makeup remover.

Respected Contributor

I'm so glad you found something that worked for you. I love a lot of Josie's argan oil products, especially Milk, Face Butter, Body Butter, and the Argan Oil (both original and Light).

I have sensitive skin and occasionally something irritates it and I have to back up and strip my skincare routine down to the basics to heal, then see if I can figure out what caused the problem.

One word of caution: natural is great, but natural does not always mean better or safer. All of the ingredients that give me the most trouble are found in many 'all natural' products, including zinc oxide, fruit enzymes (papaya, pineapple, and pumpkin), and lavender. I can't use most natural/mineral sunscreens because of my reaction to zinc oxide.

Super Contributor

I switched to all of Josie's products about a year ago. My skin has never looked better. I was tired of anti aging products that did nothing, astronomical pricing and heavy creams thst broke me out. Anyway, I swear by Josie Maron.

Super Contributor

I, too, find the Argan oil to be healing and soothing. When I first tried it several years ago I purchased it to use on a raised, dry spot on my lower lip. The spot was slightly smaller than the size of a pencil eraser and raised up about a sixteenth to an eighth of an inch high. I did check with my doctor who said it was nothing serious, but despite trying many different creams and balms, nothing, not even “picking” it off got rid of it. 

After just oust one week of applying Argan oil the dry spot was reduced by half, and after three weeks it was completely gone and has never returned.

Since then I have turned to Argan oil to quickly heal small cuts, abrasions, break-outs, burns . . .you get the picture. I also use the Milk and face butter and have pretty good skin for 62 years old. BTW, my husband and I also use the body butter, the infinity cream and the balm, and I love the color sticks. My favorite is the clear.

Hugs . . 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Oil

[ Edited ]

@PunkinEater wrote:

I have been using the argan milk since I got it in a TSV a few months ago, and I have to admit that even though I was skeptical, I do love it.  I'm a card-carrying senior citizen and although I was blessed with good genes (my mother had beautiful skin even in her 90's), I was noticing the little fine laugh lines and crepey skin on my neck.  The argan milk really seems to be smothing them out.  I think I know what Josie means when she says it makes your skin "juicey" - my skin looks softer and more resilient.  

I don't really use the pure oil as much, but as a side note, twice I have gotten burns while using a curling wand and just grabbed that bottle of argan oil and put it on the burn.  Seriously, it worked better than anything I've ever used for minor burns.  Took the sting of the burn right out, and kept my skin from blistering. By the next day, I couldn't even tell I had burned myself.  For that alone, I'm going to keep this stuff around.

Please be careful about this, @PunkinEater. Oils should not be used on fresh burns, as they can trap the heat and cause further damage to the skin. Cool water is the best solution for a burn like that. You can use an oil to help soothe and heal if you wait several hours after the burn.

You can read more about it here: 

"(Burn) treatment depends on what kind of burn you have. It is not good to put butter, oil, ice or ice water on burns. This might cause more damage to the skin."

Source: https://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/1101/p2029.html

"Many people have claimed that essential oils and some common cooking oils, such as coconut and olive oil, are helpful for burns. However, oils trap heat, preventing the heat from the burn escaping. Trapping the heat can cause the burn to get worse instead of better."

Source: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319768.php

Respected Contributor

@LoRub

I appreciate your nice comments about Josie's products.  I've only, during the past couple of months, come to love them as well.  I haven't tried the oil or the milk, but I am thinking about it.  I have been using the body butter (after a disastrous first try).  Two weeks ago at my skin cancer screening, the Dr. commented on what healthy skin I had.  If I didn't know it before then, I knew that the body butters were, in fact, helping my senior skin.   

I'm glad I persisted and didn't give up with my first try with her body butter. 

I will add, the body butter that I have ordered from her website has proven to be a superior product than the ones I have ordered from QVC.  It could be the scent, I ordered the cucumber and aloe from her site, the Vanilla Apricot from QVC.