Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you don't get to enjoy the Josie Maran products. I hope you have some things that you do love. My skin is very picky & the JM products work for me. I love that the 100% Pure Oil has no scent. I did try one of the other brands recommended here & it smells like a dirty goat pen. I use it for makeup remover & it's fine, but I could not leave that smell on my face. I have one of the color sticks that I got in a kit, probably a year ago. It doesn't have a smell. The color is gorgeous. It's called Love. I am far from finishing it, but I am always up for another color of something that I like.I use the oil, the milk, the eye cream, the serum foundation & the tinted moisturizer. I think I probably need to try the new face cream, too.I hope you find things to watch & use on your skin that you like.

Valued Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Oil

[ Edited ]

Agree and think they're hard to apply. Aren't creamy and look very "blushey". She also sends out the same colors. Have about 4 that I've haven't opened.

Regular Contributor

I am ordering the tsv. I only used light argan oil and love it ! Is the regular argan oil really heavy ? 

Respected Contributor

I'm not ordering the tsv (I know I would never use the color stick and I don't need the oil). But when I do watch Josie, I think to myself - she is so greased up, I would never want her near my furniture.  Can you imagine her greasy hands reaching into a bowl of chips at at party?  Haha. I'm cleaning today, thought I'd take a break and amuse myself 

Honored Contributor

@Skididdy...I think there is a love/hate relationship with Josie's products. If you are on the fence you should try it and judge for yourself. I used her line for a year before admitting they're just not my favorite. It's a great line for some but not for others. I need a skin care line that offers advance anti-aging products. If you're new to Josie I bet you will like her body butter; it is nice and moisturizing. It's not greasy unless you slather it on by the fruitful. 😜

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Poor Josie is working it today every time I turned it on there she is.

Hope, she gets a break.

Regular Contributor

I will never forget my first exposure to Josie in the early 2000s when she was on Howard Stern with her then boyfriend David Blaine. She was so stoned which made it an interview I never forgot lol.

I don't really find her products worth the price but can appreciate her natural and bohemium  philosophy. I am on my second bottle of her foundation but am probably not going to repurchase and continue to look for a perfect foundation for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

I will never forget my first exposure to Josie in the early 2000s when she was on Howard Stern with her then boyfriend David Blaine. She was so stoned which made it an interview I never forgot lol.

I don't really find her products worth the price but can appreciate her natural and bohemium  philosophy. I am on my second bottle of her foundation but am probably not going to repurchase and continue to look for a perfect foundation for me.

lol! Every time I see Josie I ALWAYS think of that interview. She was completely blitzed! 

While I do incorporate oils, you definitely need a lot more than just that to maintain healthy skin. They make it sound like it is all you need and that is not the case. I also agree with a previous poster that you can get argan oil for much much cheaper with just as good quality.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I tried so hard to like her products but most I don't.

I really dislike the color sticks-terrible menthol scent  (couldn't wash them off fast enough) and the mascara.

The coconut eyeshadows were pretty bad too-very pretty colors but did not go on smoothly/evenly and creased badly or wore off, even with a primer.

I like her pressed powder foundation but like Laura Geller's baked much better.

I also like how her body butters perform-I REALLY like them-but the scents are just terrible or boring and often smell nothing like they imply so I no longer bother.

I buy argan oil from Shea terra organics instead for a better price and prefer it over Josie's since it is not refined like Josie's is.

Her Milk made my skin feel like it was on fire.

Her SPF is okay but too expensive for what it is and a bit too greasy.

Here gelee blushes are okay but I would not repurchase.

The only thing I can say I absolutely love of Josie's and would repurchase is her older eyeshadow palettes and face palettes, which she no longer makes. The shadows went on so smoothe and creamy and beautiful colors. I really wish she'd go back to those but it seems she is more focused on her skincare products than makeup these days.