Super Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Oil and eczema outbreak

Love Argan oil for my night time routine.  I do have combination skin but the oil seems to work so perfect for me.  A light coat of oil on my face and neck at bedtime and I really see a diffrence in my complexion.   Tried many products and for now this works for me.

Respected Contributor

@Alleighssun

I suffer from excema on shoulders and arms. I appreciate your situation.

That said, if you cleared w/derm. help why not follow guidelines. JM oil isnt a panacea for your skin.

When I try to play doctor mom things usually get worse before they get better.

Listen to your derm. She has your best interests in mind.

Valued Contributor

I don't have eczema but I had the worst allergic reaction to Josie's Argan Milk .

Honored Contributor

hellokitty2 wrote:

I don't have eczema but I had the worst allergic reaction to Josie's Argan Milk .

I did too! Stung like a son of a gun. Such bad stuff!

Honored Contributor

I have super sensitive skin, and the Argan oil and milk do not cause an allergic reaction.

Anything "Chanel" on my face causes an allergic reaction--any of their face products.  I can use their mascara which I love.  It's just too hard to remove.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Sorry you're struggling with eczema, @Alleighssun. My mom and sister have dealt with that. I've got sensitive skin that reacts to many things and you just never know what's going to do it until it's done, unfortunately.

I react badly to Zinc Oxide, which, over time, gives me red, flaky skin. It's unusual;  Zinc Oxide causes so few reactions it's actually a main ingredient in diaper rash creams because it normally soothes rashy and irritated skin.

Honored Contributor

ChynnaBlue wrote:

Sorry you're struggling with eczema, @Alleighssun. My mom and sister have dealt with that. I've got sensitive skin that reacts to many things and you just never know what's going to do it until it's done, unfortunately.

I react badly to Zinc Oxide, which, over time, gives me red, flaky skin. It's unusual;  Zinc Oxide causes so few reactions it's actually a main ingredient in diaper rash creams because it normally soothes rashy and irritated skin.

@ChynnaBlue I do too if it at a higher level and especially if i is the only SPF used in a product. It is too bad too because it is great for sun protection. 

Honored Contributor

HappyDaze wrote:

ChynnaBlue wrote:

@ChynnaBlue I do too if it at a higher level and especially if i is the only SPF used in a product. It is too bad too because it is great for sun protection. 

It's so frustrating, isn't it @HappyDaze? I've had to give up some excellent products I otherwise really liked because of the Zinc Oxide.

I saw you also hated the JM Argan Milk and that it stung. That's too bad - that's one of my favorite products.

I celebrate our differences, but it sure makes it hard to find effective products!

Respected Contributor

I have eczema and sometimes bc of the change i weather - humidity levels etc, my skin breaks out and nothing can soothe it. JM oil has never bothered me. Many beauty items that always worked for others, just don't for me. I look for items that don't sting. Skin already hurting from eczema bc of cracks and bleeding do not need anything that will burn the cracks. I also have been known to slather olive oil directly into the skin if my skin became angry.

YES! I've had the exact same results! I was so excited about using Milk and the Argan Oil and it seemed to be doing magic for my skin for about a month, but then I was peeling on my hairline, forehead, eyebrows, and around my mouth. It was so embarassing, but I thought it might have been because the temperatures dropped so significantly here in Wisconsin and the air had dried out. I finally got sick of the peeling and figured I'd just completely try something else. Turns out, eliminating the argan oil immediately (like the next day!) made all the difference in my skin.