Frequent Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Oil Users - Help, Please!

Hey, finally got my Josie Maran items. I love it! I found mixing the oil w/my own moisterizer helps alot. And you don't need alot. Just a couple drops mixed together. 

Honored Contributor

Yoyu are using too much - I use 3 drops and I have very dry skin. My whole face and then some for my hair from 3 drops.It dries right in if you don't use too much.

Honored Contributor

I've used it for 5 years and have very dry skin; my observations:

1) can't use it around my eyes. It burns!

2) 2 drops for my whole face warmed between my palms and pressed in else it;s too greasy.

3) it does not soak in quickly.

4) When applied over other products as a "seal", it stays shiny for hours.

I bought set with Argan oil, milk and foundation. Have been applying all three daily for about a month now. One of the products, I suspect the oil, is definitely making my eyes burn and water by the end of the day. I also would like to know if I'm doing something wrong. I really want to continue using all three but need to figure out how to stop the burning. The areas around my eyes seem to be a very "needy area" for the oil. Please help!

Honored Contributor

I use 4-6 drops and rub it between my fingers and apply to my face. My skin has always been dry though and I've never had issues with her argan oil. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have also used her products for quit a while...I use her Face Butter with the argan milk under it during the day...At night I use the Face butter again with oil on top...I always make sure to let the Face Butter "set" for a short bit...Then I press not rub the oil in..

I do not use it under my eye's as I am sensitive.

.If I do use it in my morning routine, I use very little and just in my area's prone to dryness.

Josie's products have kept my skin in amazing condition...(I agree you don't need alot of the oil)...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@islandgrrl wrote:

From her original post I understood @Baxjaxmom had experimented with using very small amounts of argan so I assumed it was not an issue of using too much.  The posts here are correct that a little goes a long way.

I'm reminded of my experience with coconut oil, I wanted to use a natural eye makeup remover and condition my lashes at the same time.  I found that coconut oil irritated my eyes terribly.  Fortunately I could use it on my scalp and hair but I had to keep it away from my face.  

Josie made the argan light formulatlon for those who felt they weren't getting quick absorption.  Sephora will give you a free sample.  Maybe give that a try?

So funny how different we all are.   I use fractionated coconut oil to remove my eye make up because there is no greasy feel and it does such an amazing job.   No tugging or issues...  eye makeup comes right off.  I wonder if the brand may have something to do with it?  I had one brand of coconut oil that I didn't like at all.  Hey,  as long as you found something that works for you, that's what counts!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have tried the oil and the face butter and I really wanted to like them as I really believe in the benefit of argon oil. Both were to heavy for my skin. At 63 I still have oily skin and I am thinking the oils and butters are suited more for normal and dry skin. I may try her Argon Oil Milk Lite. Maybe that will work for me.