Regular Contributor

Josie Maran Argan Milk Question

I bought a travel size sample of the Josie Maran argan Milk at Sephora today to "try before I buy," so to speak. I didn't want to spend the money on something and have it not work then be out major bucks.

Anyway, so I tried it today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I spot-tested on my hand, and everything was fine. I waited a few hours to make sure there wasn't an allergic reaction. Nothing. Then, I tried it on my face and it burned! I had this major burning sensation and my skin started to turn red (which, it takes a lot to show actual redness being a brown girl and all). I washed it off so fast! My skin is still irritated. I'm afraid to try it again and I think I'll see if Sephora can take it back tomorrow. I doubt it though.

Did anyone else experience a reaction or just me? I'm disappointed because my hands feel amazing. *Laughs*

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Milk Question

@KaliaMonet  I recently purchased the travel size to try out and then purchases the regular size.  I absolutely love the Argan Milk.  I have sensitive skin but had no problems.  My skin is soft and hydrated.  Everyone's skin is different and everyone has different reactions.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@KaliaMonet  I recently purchased the travel size to try out and then purchases the regular size.  I absolutely love the Argan Milk.  I have sensitive skin but had no problems.  My skin is soft and hydrated.  Everyone's skin is different and everyone has different reactions.

Yea, I  have sensitive skin and have used other Argan products without issue, so I'm surprised my skin reacted this way. I use her unscented body butter with no problems either. Maybe the Milk is just too concentrated for my sad skin. 

Respected Contributor

@KaliaMonet  I think Sephora will take it back.  I know that Ulta does.  Just tell them that you had an allergic reaction.  I bought a set that has the milk in it but has not arrived yet.  I will be cautious with it as I have sensitive skin too.  

Regular Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@KaliaMonet  I think Sephora will take it back.  I know that Ulta does.  Just tell them that you had an allergic reaction.  I bought a set that has the milk in it but has not arrived yet.  I will be cautious with it as I have sensitive skin too.  

Post your experiences when it get it please. I'm curious to see if it's just me. Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

@KaliaMonet  I am not sure..I have majorly sensitive skin & Josie's line is one of the few that I have no problems with at all...

Something in it doesn't work for you...I always email Joise's Customer Service if I have any questions..They have always been pretty good at giving me answers..(just in case you would like a better breakdown of ingredients to maybe avoid in the future..Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@KaliaMonet, I am sorry you had this reaction to the Argan Milk because I really like it.  Funny thing is years ago I had exactly the kind of reaction you had, but to Dial soap. I have not used soap on my face since. I hope you find a product you love. 

Honored Contributor

@KaliaMonet, I distinctly recall past threads in which several people complained of such a reaction to this product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I gave the argon oil to a friend and she got a terrible rash on her face from it so even if an item is pure and natural it doesn't work for everyone.

Respected Contributor

I have not tried this product but I can wear a product on my face and it will be great but on my neck it will cause a rash.  I have this itching on my jawline that bothers me and cannot figure out what has caused it.