Contributor

Josie Maran Argan Milk Allergic Reaction?

I've been using the Argan Milk for about a week and a half, and now my face is stinging all the time.  Anybody else have that problem and should I wait for it to go away or should I stop using it immediately?  Thanks.

WOMEN ARE NOT MEN'S PROPERTY!
Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Argan Milk Allergic Reaction?

I'd stop.  No matter what a salesperson or even a doctor says, if you're allergic, you're going to be the first to know it.

Contributor

Thank you all very, very much.  I had a feeling that would be the wise thing to do - stopping it immediately.

Super Contributor

Stop!

It has something in it that burns- I'll look it up! I found out the hard way too! Sorry for you- if you have some aloe you should try that for a day or so to calm down.

Respected Contributor

I use argan milk every morning and my face never stings.  I would definitely stop using it.  Pain should not happen.

Super Contributor

@Mystical wrote:

I've been using the Argan Milk for about a week and a half, and now my face is stinging all the time.  Anybody else have that problem and should I wait for it to go away or should I stop using it immediately?  Thanks.

Citric Acid or Soduim Benzoate could be burning your skin. I did a micro peel and put it on after and thought I was going to die. I had used it everyday before,but had never after my micro dermo peel. 

Honored Contributor

YES!!! I actually had burning/stinging with the very first use. I've never had a product sting me that bad to the point that I actually had to try to rinse it off. My face still felt a bit burned/stinging even after washing it off. I've read many reviews of this happening to others so I knew it wasn't just me. Ouchie!!

Respected Contributor

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

Stop!

It has something in it that burns- I'll look it up! I found out the hard way too! Sorry for you- if you have some aloe you should try that for a day or so to calm down.

Excellent advice @RACALAMB2.  OP, it would be a really good idea to also apply some Vaseline/petroleum jelly ointment to protect your probably compromised skin barrier.  

Contributor

Thank you all so much again for your good advice.  I stopped using it last night and now I will be on the hunt for the next possible Fountain of Youth.  Ha! 

Regular Contributor

I also seemed to have an issue with it irritating my skin (not stinging, but my face would either become red or stay red longer, and just didn't seem soothed,) and I set it aside. NO reorder here. I really should have just returned it. Oh well.

I'm just using it up on my arms and hands and will order the new Argan Milk from Shea Terra Organics when I need more oils. (Which is just aloe juice added, and not micronized water/oil. I've had great results with the Maracuja Milk she sells.)