Trusted Contributor

@NAES1  I agree with you only with regard to Josie's actual products and what a revenue maker they are for retail as well as the Q; however, I do have to comment on the possible quality(control) I have experienced with her most recent TSV, particularly the body butter.

I have several of her body butters and, I'm sorry, but the body butter I received in this past TSV (I chose the anniversary scent btw) is NOT the same formula as her previous ones.  I agree with one of the reviewers' of this configuaration -- it almost has a petroleum type consistency to it -- it just does not absorb into the skin the same.  I've even applied one of my already owned josie body butters on one side of my body and the new one on the other and there was a distinct difference.  I'm not quite sure what the problem may be but it does make me question something about the quality control, this item noticeably anyway.

I intend to return this unfortunately, albeit a great value.  The Q is exceptional in every other way. They do a remarkable business, that is for sure.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
Beauties, please!
She'll be scheduled to appear ad nauseam because the profit from her new sugar scrub is is huge!
I've been making my own sugar scrubs for a long time now using my favorite products and a few pennies worth of sugar.

I make mine from WEN products (just a few ounces at a time so its always fresh) because I already have them on hand, I love the fragrances, the ingredients are top quality, I can make it fresh as I need it. But you could EASILY make your own sugar scrubs using philosophy, Josie, or whatever you have.
Google sugar scrubs. You'll find lots of ideas.

Salt scrubs are for feet, sugar for face & body.
Don't overlook brown sugar, which is great with spiced apple, ginger, pumpkin, and vanilla fragrances.
Got a skin cleanser you love? Turn it into a sugar scrub and love it even more!
Be creative!

@x Hedge  You are so right! Sugar scrubs are very easy to make. I started making my own. I can’t believe how much some of them are. So easy. 😊

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:
Beauties, please!
She'll be scheduled to appear ad nauseam because the profit from her new sugar scrub is is huge!
I've been making my own sugar scrubs for a long time now using my favorite products and a few pennies worth of sugar.

I make mine from WEN products (just a few ounces at a time so its always fresh) because I already have them on hand, I love the fragrances, the ingredients are top quality, I can make it fresh as I need it. But you could EASILY make your own sugar scrubs using philosophy, Josie, or whatever you have.
Google sugar scrubs. You'll find lots of ideas.

Salt scrubs are for feet, sugar for face & body.
Don't overlook brown sugar, which is great with spiced apple, ginger, pumpkin, and vanilla fragrances.
Got a skin cleanser you love? Turn it into a sugar scrub and love it even more!
Be creative!

@x Hedge  You are so right! Sugar scrubs are very easy to make. I started making my own. I can’t believe how much some of them are. So easy. 😊

@x Hedge

@wvumountiefan

Josie's sugar scrubs must make a HUGE profit, because like you stated, they are SO simple and easy to make.  I've been making my own for years as well!  Organic sugar, organic coconut oil, peppermint extract, or any essential oil you like (I also love lavendar or vanilla extract and add vitamin E, etc.).  It's one of the easiest things to make that's magnificent for your skin.   

Esteemed Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@NAES1  I agree with you only with regard to Josie's actual products and what a revenue maker they are for retail as well as the Q; however, I do have to comment on the possible quality(control) I have experienced with her most recent TSV, particularly the body butter.

I have several of her body butters and, I'm sorry, but the body butter I received in this past TSV (I chose the anniversary scent btw) is NOT the same formula as her previous ones.  I agree with one of the reviewers' of this configuaration -- it almost has a petroleum type consistency to it -- it just does not absorb into the skin the same.  I've even applied one of my already owned josie body butters on one side of my body and the new one on the other and there was a distinct difference.  I'm not quite sure what the problem may be but it does make me question something about the quality control, this item noticeably anyway.

I intend to return this unfortunately, albeit a great value.  The Q is exceptional in every other way. They do a remarkable business, that is for sure.

@fitfuninformed,

Thank you for being cordial in replying.

{  I believe exactly what you may be referring to.  }

I have not bought any recent body butters since four years ago, however, I did purchase a great amount of everything she had, about 5 years ago.

Those products have never been unsealed to open, even to check; I buy only UNscented.

The last of anything of a JM product was in August 2014.

I signed for a two year -> (pleasantly satisfied) with ONLY the light oil, the perfect & protect, one cheek stick in each, along with an added Argan milk *( must have been in the formative stage), and actually never used the milk until recently..around September.

The 'milk product' was one of the products from the 2 yr. plan, so I had at least _six_. Extremely nice. 

I can not use the regular JM oil on my face, but do use it on my arms and legs. No problem, there with absorption.

I am now in a 1 year plan purchasing AD for the Argan milk, only. I will notice any difference whether that has changed.

Note*: I have absolutely no idea what any facial butter or body butter in JM Argan consistency would be compared to, as a more recent received buy.

I usually will not purchase any TV skin creams, so I was fortunate, "at that time", to have discovered what I, now, have and use -possibly for another two years. Orignial, being ....

a 3 year shelf life; non greasy, and I might add on the souffle luxury of a light creme.

I found years ago, when Philosophy came out, I tried the Purity and the Micro cleanser. I could not use the beaded product due to sensitive skin. I tried a smaller bottle 3 years later and that one was worse. That was in a sample trial of bath soaps. Also, not the same, as in former "Philosophy" from 9 years ago, [ for me ].....

I have a favorite beauty line found and manufactured in Germany that I loved but unfortunately it, too, was difficult to find and not totally an exact. I desire to use only one European line that I have to order months (sometimes) in advanced, not tested on animals.

I am thanking you for a informative reply. I have no idea of the petroleum consistency that may be infused, now.

Although, I do NOW know that there are many facial products that companies do change, having what you mentioned, a distinct difference.

I did try, one time, a large hydro- shield from Dr.D and that, or those ingredients, caused severe irritation.

~I kept it, though, and used on my legs and feet for massages.

I understand completely what you are referring to with beauty products, changing. Unfortunately true.

That would have been my reason as I answered: why do people keep on watching shop channels when marketing strategies have change, formats are not the same, and the vendor/to/hosts are either new or just a selling task.

I very seldom watch TV or have it on when at home.

"Usually away or doing something relating to my profession". 

Have a wonderful day, along with much joy, during the rest of the year.

I sincerely enjoyed your feed back, `your experience, very much`.

Honored Contributor

Change the channel and leave her be.  

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

NAES, Wow, such a defensive stance! Do you comprehend what you read or what I wrote. I do enjoy reading books as I am a teacher by profession, and I do know I am entitled to my opinion. No one here questioned Miss Maran’ s products. We are all glad that you enjoy and get results from argan oil; and cudos to QVC for making money. Have a nice evening.

Very nice response Bunny, you have class. This is a board to express thoughts on products and vendors etc... I do not understand why people have to be so snarky and rude, it just shows their personality. I like to read all reviews, and you should be able to write your thoughts just as everybody else. Have a nice day!

bamasec

Respected Contributor

I like Jose Maran and her products.  I don't watch every single show though.