Honored Contributor

Josie is on this evening selling this item.

OMG!  I bought it and tried to use it.  It left my skin so greasy I though it would never feel clean.

I have very dry skin normally.  I have used the Philosophy Sea Salt Scrub for years, so I thought I'd try this one.

I'm sure it works great for some people, but it definitely does not work for me.  

When I got out of the shower I had to scrub the shower because the shower mat felt greasy and I was afraid I'd slip (even with the mat there).

I've tried to use her Argon oil and that's too greasy for me too.

I like her.  I think she's cute as a button.  She seems sweet, but I just can't use her products.

Are there other people who have this same problem with Argon Oil?

Respected Contributor

I have used Josie’s scrub and I loved the original citrus smell.  I see it comes in different scents now.   It didn’t leave me greasy but the floor of the shower was greasy and I was worried I might slip.  If it didn’t do that I would rebuy it. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried quite a bit from her line, I want to like it because she touts it as a clean product, but I end up returning most of it because it's just too greasy. I have that sugar scrub in my bathroom now and it's so greasy when I use it it makes the tub lethal.LOL The argon oil itself made the free edge of my fingernails brown, that may be the reason Josie's nails look dirty.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99  Yes!  Yes!  When I saw where you said, "I want to like it".....that's exactly how I felt.

I did want to like it.  It's the same thing with Wen.  I've bought that stuff so many times and it just never works for me.

Rather than send it back, I'd just keep it and give it away.  I finally broke the Wen habit.  I finally stopped buying it.

I did find a bottle of Wen in the closet the other day.  I have a friend who loves the stuff.  I told her it's here for her when she wants it.

As I said, Josie is so cute and ......good grief!  She sure lathers that stuff up!

I wouldn't be able to sit in my car going home if I'd put that much of her Argon oil on my body!  Ha!

I don't know what it is?  Maybe I just don't absorb Argon oil?

But you know I've used Hydroshield for years!  It absorbs great on my face.  I don't have any wrinkles....I'm 73 next month, so I guess whatever works, right?

I've seen Hydroshield compared to Crisco here!  Ha!  Yet it works great for me and I buy it for my daughter.

I can't watch her lather that stuff on her for very long.....

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Of course, one size does not fit all. I have used WEN products for years and like the effects. I have used the good doctors products too and liked them, but moved on. At least the Q has many great products for us to try and we can return them if it's not for us. A win win..

Super Contributor

I don't know what item you are referring to. I didn't look it up. But I also tried to like the body butter cuz it is quite reasonable. But man, it was too greasy for me as well. I went to PT with it on my legs and the PT guy asked what the heck I greased up with, he virtually slid off the leg he was working on lol! II don't understand how so many love it cuz it even looks greasy on TV, but to each their own. I do like her face butter and sometimes use the foundation sticks. The face butter isn't greasy in my opinion. 

For the body my holy grail is L'Occitane's shea body cream and hand and foot cream. Should have just stuck to those. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Josie is on this evening selling this item.

OMG!  I bought it and tried to use it.  It left my skin so greasy I though it would never feel clean.

I have very dry skin normally.  I have used the Philosophy Sea Salt Scrub for years, so I thought I'd try this one.

I'm sure it works great for some people, but it definitely does not work for me.  

When I got out of the shower I had to scrub the shower because the shower mat felt greasy and I was afraid I'd slip (even with the mat there).

I've tried to use her Argon oil and that's too greasy for me too.

I like her.  I think she's cute as a button.  She seems sweet, but I just can't use her products.

@Annabellethecat66   When I use a sugar scrub (make my own...too simple to purchase one), I have a spray bottle in the shower that has a mixture of water and Dawn. I spray the floor of shower first and then use the scrub before turning on shower head. The Dawn cuts the grease on those little ducks in TV commercial, so figured why not try it for the floor of shower?

Respected Contributor

Yes her sugar scrub turns my tub into a death trap of mega slipperiness.  I only use it on my hands in the sink now.  

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Yes her sugar scrub turns my tub into a death trap of mega slipperiness.  I only use it on my hands in the sink now.  

I have a heavy plastic grass bath mat in my tub that entirely prevents slips. I could pour a bottle of olive oil into the empty tub and not slip. But I think using oil-based scrubs in the sink is a great idea. I also keep some by my sink and use them as a part of my manicure step.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

There's a learning curve with some of the argan oil products because a little goes such a long way and it can feel heavy or greasy easily.

If I use the argan oil on my face, I get the best results if I apply a small amount to damp skin. If my skin is dry, I apply too much and it is greasy. Damp skin gives me the best result. If I don't apply immediately after washing my face, I spritz my face with a facial mist and then apply the oil.

I don't use the oil on my face very often. I've found that for me, it works better if I mix a drop into my existing moisturizer or apply it over my moisturizer at night to really seal everything in overnight. I love to mix the oil into my body lotions, use it as the final step in my manicure, and even add a few droppers of it to my hair coloring before application.

The body butter is another thing where it's easy to apply too much and have it get greasy quickly. If I use the same amount of body butter as I do other creams, it's a mess. It's definitely a "less is more" product. But it's worth it because it's so effective. And my nails have never been in such good shape as they are when I use the body butter on my hands and nails.