Trusted Contributor

Josie Holistic fragrance in vanilla pear

Hi, Does Josie's Holistic fragrance in vanilla pear smell nice, last, and is too light?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Holistic fragrance in vanilla pear

@skittles2 

I don't know what the Vanilla Pear smells like, but I use her Vanilla Apricot holistic fragrance and I love it.  It's a very calming scent for me, and although not a lasting fragrance to those around you, you can smell it on yourself all day. It's a very soft, non-alcohol scent. Now that I've been using it, I cannot stand the alcohol based scents and when I smell them on someone, I can almost taste them.   It's an oil base scent, so be careful to spray it on your body and not on your clothing. 

Frgrance to me, it something to be enjoyed by you, not endured by everyone around you. 

Honored Contributor

Some of Josie's scents smell absolutely horrible and I had to return.  I wish she would use essential oils for fragrance to her body products.  Vanilla Apricot made me sick to my stomach, literally.  The Lilac is gross too.  I never smelled the vanilla pear.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@skittles2I love her Vanilla Pear Body Butter & Vanilla Bean & imo besides the unscented are her best. I did have her Vanilla wafer which actually made me sick to my stomach & the the body butter. If her Vanilla Pear smells like her body butter than I would like it. Maybe someone here can compare the 2. 

Super Contributor

I have it and, although it's not my favorite, it's quite nice - not super heavy but unlike some of her other scents, you can actually smell it after wearing it for a few hours. I've also had her illuminizing body butter in vanilla pear and it's not an exact copy. Sorry I can't describe it any better than that. IMO not as close to a pear scent as the Wen pear scent - more vanilla, less pear.

Love the sprayer on her bottles - a nice long spray as opposed to a big squirt. There is quite a bit of glycerin in it instead of alcohol, so it feels sticky a first. I'd advise letting that dry before you get dressed.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Some of Josie's scents smell absolutely horrible and I had to return.  I wish she would use essential oils for fragrance to her body products.  Vanilla Apricot made me sick to my stomach, literally.  The Lilac is gross too.  I never smelled the vanilla pear.

@Katcat1 

It's funny how fragrance affects people.  The Vanilla Apricot is my favorite.  Very light, very calming. Everyone has a preference. 

That's why I think fragrance should be for the person to enjoy and not the people around you.