Honored Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

@SilleeMee @Porcelain 

Thank you for the great info on Vit C! Since you are so knowledgeable I was wondering your thoughts on the Tatcha Vitamin C serum and mask if you don’t mind?  They are quite costly! how Do they compare to Josie’s serum? 

You're welcome @Souperkrys . I've never used Tatcha products so I can't say much about them. The VC used in both their serum and mask is a stable glycerin-based, water-soluble type. To me that would indicate that it is hydrating/moisturizing when compared to just regular VC, which can be drying for some people.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee , 

I ordered Josie's skin smoothing serum, and was wondering if her vitamin c serum would be drying? My skin is already dry. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Argan

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

Josie wasn’t saying we HAVE to use all 4 products at once. She was saying IF you use all 4, that is the order in which you use them.  I mix some with my Paula’s Choice products with Josie’s & never feel like it’s too much.  My make-up wears well all day.  I’m thinking that once I run out of some of my Paula’s Choice serums, I will replace with some of Josie’s.  It will be a process because I love both lines, but Josie’s newest serums are really changing my mind about her line.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Joise's body serum is amazing...I use it on my face also, (but am getting the new vitamin C to try)...The body serum soaks in beautifully, I use it at night with the divine drip ..

I have used JM products for years & my face & body are "forever grateful" for her line..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@SilleeMee , 

I ordered Josie's skin smoothing serum, and was wondering if her vitamin c serum would be drying? My skin is already dry. 

@Tissyanne 

I don't know because I have never used her serum.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I do like many of Josie's products and was all excited to see the launch of her Vitamin C serum until I saw the ingredients. For Vitamin C to be the most effective the first or second ingredient should be l Ascorbic Acid. It should also have Vitamn E and Feurlic Acid in it. Hers has neither. Plus you don't need to pay $65 for Vitamin C.  Sorry Josie that was a  big pass for me! 

@Tricolor 

The serum contains a unique oil form of ascorbic acid called THD ascorbate. That kind of VC costs more than most other kinds of VC. THD is highly stable and since it is an oil it absorbs into the skin more easily. Ferulic acid and vitamin E are traditionally added to VC serums to stabilize and make the serum absorb better. FA and VE are good for the skin, but in this case those ingredients are not going to make it a better VC serum.  THD has been shown to be effective at far lower percentages than most other kinds of VC...as low as 0.5% THD.

I have been formulating VC serums for a long time. My knowledge about the types of VC  and how it works is probably more than most people want to read about here. 

Thank you for the clarification. I just learned something new. I was relying on what I have read over the years. Appreciate your professional explanation.

Honored Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

@SilleeMee @Porcelain 

Thank you for the great info on Vit C! Since you are so knowledgeable I was wondering your thoughts on the Tatcha Vitamin C serum and mask if you don’t mind?  They are quite costly! how Do they compare to Josie’s serum? 

If I remember correctly, the Tatcha Vitamin C serum needed to be used at night and contained alpha hydroxy acids and fruit acids. If the Josie serum doesn't have those things, it might be more suitable for day /or night. If you can snag and paste in the ingredient lists for the items you are interested in, I'd be happy to compare them. Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

Hi @Tissyanne 

I already have and am using Josie's C serum.  I couldn't wait for QVC to get it so I bought it from Sephora.  I love it.  For me, it has an immediate brightening effect; the C serum isn't drying, it's very moisturizing.  If you're currently using her Resurfacing serum, it's about the same consistency.

Honored Contributor

@Angela_SoCal wrote:

Hi @Tissyanne 

I already have and am using Josie's C serum.  I couldn't wait for QVC to get it so I bought it from Sephora.  I love it.  For me, it has an immediate brightening effect; the C serum isn't drying, it's very moisturizing.  If you're currently using her Resurfacing serum, it's about the same consistency.

@Angela_SoCal , 

Thank you for this. I appreciate it. I am suppose to receive the resurfacing serum tomorrow, from Josie's website. I am going to order C serum, since it is moisurizing. 

Contributor

You're welcome @Tissyanne 

I bought the C serum from Sephora because I didn't want to wait for QVC to start carrying it.  It was the same price anyways and I saved the money on shipping.  I'll try anything new that Josie puts out as I trust her products and I've never had any sort of negative reaction with anything I've tried of hers.