Trusted Contributor

Josie Argan Oil and wrinkles

i do love using oils on my face.  

Josie always mentions this gets rid of wrinkles, even deep wrinkles. 

What has been your experience?

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Argan Oil and wrinkles

The only topical prouct that has been scientifically shown to reduce the severity of wrinkles and diminish fine lines in retin-A. There is nothing spectacular in argan oil that can get rid of wrinkles completely. They may decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines but there is scientifically no way it can get rid of them. I'm not bashing the product or Josie but it is just the truth. It is a useful product for various issues but please do not expect miracles on wrinkles from this oil.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using and loving Josie's oil and products since she came to the Q. I attribute the argan oil for my skin staying so nice. I must admit I do tend to use more, I take it to my neck shoulders décolleté and any place I feel will benefit.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with HappyDaze and will only add that any cosmetic that provides hydration to the face will make the skin look better and may give the appearance of less wrinkles.

Injections in a derm's office work to plump up the skin to a degree that the wrinkles are hidden. I often wonder what happens if a person stops the injections after years of use - must not be pretty. Woman Surprised

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I use AO on my very dry skin every night. It does diminish the appearance of wrinkles but it doesn't make them disappear altogether.

Esteemed Contributor

I know you asked for our experience with argan oil & wrinkles. That's the one oil I don't care for on my skin (hair, yes.)  Also, I haven't had wrinkles to get rid of...would be/fine lines, yes. And I agree with the others about retinol/Retin A, also other acid topicals that actually does reduce the depth of or elminates fine lines, which has been my experience.

I wish she would cite that "study" she is always quoting. I would like to read it. (An independent study is usually conducted by a university under some very stringent parameters. Just getting a group of users together to post superficial results is something else.)

(When you ask for our experiences, we are giving you our own interpretations and superficial results.) 

Of course, if argan oil was all I had to use, I would definitely use it! Keeping your skin hydrated and cushioned with something will make your skin look better.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

The only topical prouct that has been scientifically shown to reduce the severity of wrinkles and diminish fine lines in retin-A. There is nothing spectacular in argan oil that can get rid of wrinkles completely. They may decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines but there is scientifically no way it can get rid of them. I'm not bashing the product or Josie but it is just the truth. It is a useful product for various issues but please do not expect miracles on wrinkles from this oil.

@HappyDaze, this response is perfection. You should copy it and keep it on your computer so that you can just copy and paste it the next dozen times questions get asked about similar products. You nailed it.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am new to Josie's line and I find my skin really likes  argan oil.  It may not reduce lines and wrinkles but it sure makes them look and feel better.  I am 68 years.  When my dry skin suddenly turned even dryer was when I decided to try JM.  I am happy I did.  I have spent a ton of money fighting this dryness and find her products work.   

You are right with an exception I found  . Nothing reduces wrinkles except injections and I used to  get them but they never latsed that  long. The will say uo to 4 month and up to is the catch here . Mine  lasted about 6 weeks. They can be very costly( without reason as the ingredient is cheap) but the Dermatologists are taking advantage  a market and jacking up the price.

As for Retin a - I used a pharmaceutical Retin A for 4 years and saw no improvement nor did I see a decline  after stopping it- just normal wear and tear ..

So the answer is costly injections...............

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze, this response is perfection. You should copy it and keep it on your computer so that you can just copy and paste it the next dozen times questions get asked about similar products. You nailed it.

LOL, well thanks ChynnaBlue, that was nice of you to say.