Jose Maran Rancid Milk Products...Never Again!!!

Really wanted to love Jose Maran's Milk products.  I recently received two versions of her Milk products in a three piece kit in November.  One was for the face and one was for the body.  I opened both of them this month, and they were rancid.  I had such a hard time trying to get a refund for them because I gifted the third item, a body butter.  I will never buy her Milk products again.  There are quality control issues with this product.  I do not have the time and energy to deal with defective products.  I pretty much have switched to Tatcha products anyway.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Jose Maran Rancid Milk Products...Never Again!!!

rancid?

Trusted Contributor

@Boonsoot wrote:

Really wanted to love Jose Maran's Milk products.  I recently received two versions of her Milk products in a three piece kit in November.  One was for the face and one was for the body.  I opened both of them this month, and they were rancid.  I had such a hard time trying to get a refund for them because I gifted the third item, a body butter.  I will never buy her Milk products again.  There are quality control issues with this product.  I do not have the time and energy to deal with defective products.  I pretty much have switched to Tatcha products anyway.  

@Boonsoot  How did you know they were "rancid" ?    I use them all the time and have never run into that.  I love them.  

Frequent Contributor

I don't even use the products but I'm curious too. They are just an emulsion of argon oil and water. In what way were they rancid?

Honored Contributor

First of all, there is NO dairy product in Josie's milk.  I tried it once and had no issues whatsoever.  In fact, Josie's milk is argan oil whipped up as far as I know.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Boonsoot   I have Jose Maran's argan oil and have noticed a 'rancid' smell, different from other bottles.  It smells almost to bad to use.  Rancid may not be the exactly word ...maybe I should say it just '''stinks''' bad... Other bottles in the past didn't have that smell.  I've almost stopped using it for that reason.

Honored Contributor

I once invested in her super sized bottle of argan oil and it went bad with half a bottle still left.

It was kept in a cool, dark cabinet but still went bad. Call it rancid or just that it stinks, either way it was unusable.

It doesn't have to contain actual milk to be rancid or 'go bad'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@theloungeboy wrote:

I don't even use the products but I'm curious too. They are just an emulsion of argon oil and water. In what way were they rancid?

The argan oil definitely does 'go bad'. "Rancid" as in smells musty and disgusting.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Oils and nuts go  rancid.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom Me too..........large jar of body butter.   3/4 left in jar and the product separated -  oily on the top.  Twice I mixed it up with a clean new plastic spoon only to separate again.  The smell was also 'off'.

Threw it out.