Respected Contributor

Jordana sculpt n go cream contour stick Fail- But!

I picked it up at Walgreens on a whim thinking it could work but NOT! The cream bronzer comes in light & med. The shades were spot on as far as no orangey tint, but a more semi-matte finish. They are cruelty free for those who only use those products. Well, I put it on & it was a fail as far as blending. So instead of returning, I figured out a way for it to work well. I use a similar method to make my own cream blush.                                                                                                                                                       All you need is a candle---Stainless still soup spoon or a larger one----a wooden tooth pick or a steak knife---paper towel---1/8 tsp. of silicone primer,, more is fine. ( I used my less expensive one by Hard Candy)---2 drops of olive oil or any oil of choice (I use argan oil)---A small jar (I save my emptys) you can get them cheap at Etsy ------I cut the the bronzer in half then melted it ofver a candle then add the primer--- placed it over the candle & stirred in it briefly--- added the the oil & stirred then immediately poured into container as it hardens quiickly. Well, it turned out to be the best cream contour than a highend that I have.It blends beautifully, the primer gives it slip & longevity & the oil is an added skincare bonus. So easy to do and thought I would pass it on to those who want a cream bronzer but don't have to pay for a high end. So Easy & takes 10 min. to set,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Respected Contributor

Re: Jordana sculpt n go cream contour stick Fail- But!

Your post describes exactly what separates the great products from the not so great.  It's all about the ingredients that make it easier to apply.  Not sure how many want to go to the trouble you did, but a good lesson that all these products are the same.  Some with fillers for easy application, and others lacking in that.  Cheap to fix, but these companies want you to think there is more to it.  All about the marketing!

Respected Contributor

Re: Jordana sculpt n go cream contour stick Fail- But!

@MomCat exactly! So easy to do & most of us have these products on hand. The same with lipsticks as far as customizing your own blush..For instance, I had a powder blush fromTarte that I ended up never using, emptied the powder & made a beautiful peach blush compact with a mirror. Its fun and easy and the best blending & staying power. Goes on sheer but its great as you can build it up. I do have a few store bought creams but I like mine better. I also have more powder blushes than creams. .