Valued Contributor

I learned about Jordana mascara on these beauty boards. For $1.99 it seriously was the best, beauty secret ever.  The other day I went to Walgreens to grab a tube of this mascara and, holy wowsers.....the price was $4.19!  So much for this beauty steal!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

Yeah, when I first read about it here it was $1.99. Then it wasn't too long that it went up to $2.99 & that was a couple of months ago. I bought 2. $4.19 I is still a good price for such a great mascara, but maybe we shouldn't have talked it up so much & we could still get it for less than $2! LOL

Honored Contributor

I did not personally like the mascara when I tired it but I still think a $4.19 price is a good bargain for mascara as the only other drugstore ones I've tried were still $7.00 on sale and the ones I actually like and use are generally $12 or more.  $4.19 seems super cheap. I wish the mascara I liked were that price!

Trusted Contributor

I like it as well, but I only paid about $2 for it at a Walgreens near me a couple of years ago. Needless to say I don't wear it very often & need to buy a new tube! 

Honored Contributor

Years ago I thought I found the holy grail when I started using Jordana mascara! So cheap, so great! But shortly after I began wearing it was finding that my eyelashes were falling out! I have never noticed that! Eyelashes nicely resting on my cheeks. The only thing I changed was my mascara. I threw out my Jordana and went back to using my Clinique mascara and all is good again. My eyelashes have recovered and are where they should be, with my other eyelashes! Good luck with using Jordana. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Years ago I thought I found the holy grail when I started using Jordana mascara! So cheap, so great! But shortly after I began wearing it was finding that my eyelashes were falling out! I have never noticed that! Eyelashes nicely resting on my cheeks. The only thing I changed was my mascara. I threw out my Jordana and went back to using my Clinique mascara and all is good again. My eyelashes have recovered and are where they should be, with my other eyelashes! Good luck with using Jordana. 

Me too! My lashes felt "crispy" and hard and were  breaking off. It really does make your lashes fuller and bigger but I now only wear it for a special occasion. 

Esteemed Contributor

I tried Jordana mascara a few years ago when everyone was raving about it.  I didn't like it because it smeared and clumped on me -- couldn't throw it away fast enough.  Have they improved it?  or just upped the price?

(psst....@Jayhawk Girl -- another Rock Chalker here)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I tried Jordana mascara a few years ago when everyone was raving about it.  I didn't like it because it smeared and clumped on me -- couldn't throw it away fast enough.  Have they improved it?  or just upped the price?

(psst....@Jayhawk Girl -- another Rock Chalker here)

Tried it, along with everything you said flakes everywhere. 

My HG Tarte lights camera lashes. The only one for me.😍

Honored Contributor

I bought it when it was $1.99 and found it to be crappola then. I think the same thing of the Maybelline mascara in the pink and yellow tube that beauty mags RAVE about.

Yeah, they RAVE about whatever company pays them to write about it in that months edition. I don't know anyone in real life who like either one of them.

Honored Contributor

I did not like this mascara either but if you do like it , even at $4.19 it is a bargain.